• Google+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another newbie

hello all,i came across this site whilst looking for info on a bike i puchased(sort of) for my son,i did work for it,dont worry it isnt stolen,i got him a cannondale delta v,not sure how old it is,i do believe they are quite hard to find,,there isnt any on ebay so is it true,i ride a klein attitude comp(fabulous thing it is aswell)a few upgrades on it.and also own a Dave Quinn racer from early to mid eighties i think which i did up about 6 years ago.

New here to posting but have been checking out the site for a for a little while. Have got back onto the bike as a result of taking my daughter to nursery and then commuting on to work. Felt compelled to register after seeing the same S-Works frame as mine entered into BOTM. Used to ride until I dislocated my collar-bone and never really got back into riding the hills.

Denmark calling :)

Hi..

I´m new at this page but I have been looking for a page like this on the www, so looking forward to use it often.. :)

Hope you get the meaning in my writing since my native language is Danish.

Mountain Bike is my interest but have been a tarmac warrior also...never again :LOL:

Regards

Carsten

Afternoon all.

My name is Kieran, I'm 23 and I've been riding bikes (mainly mtb but also road and bmx) since around 2000.

My main reason for signing up to the site is that i want to build myself a retro MTB hardtail of somesort for hacking about on. So with a bit of luck the site will be a help for that.

Cheers
Kieran

newbie intro

Hi, i'm from singapore. owned a 98/99 Sintesi Bazooka. Haven't been riding for years. Recently just clean up the bike. going to replace some parts to make it ridable again. so step by step. will be asking for assistance from fellowriders who grew up from canti -> v-brakes --> mech-Disc --> hydro disc.

cheers!

Greetings

Hi y'all,

How's it goin'? Just some Canadian guy named Dave who's new here. I found this site a while back when looking for some retro parts online. I had to register recently when I needed a very specific brake part. Of course, someone here had spares. Too cool.

It's great to see how many people are out there who love bikes and who appreciate fine old kit. Sure, there's some builds that are big money, and some vintage bikes that just never really got the miles logged back then. There's also workhorses and the projects that are nothing less than inspirational.

So cheers to the craftsmen (and women) who made 'em back then, and cheers to their caretakers who love 'em and ride 'em still.

Looking for a nice rigid fork with a 1" threaded steerer (160 mm) for 26" wheels.

86 RG500
91 Merlin Mountain
93 Klein Ardoit
95 Rocky Mountain Altitude
98 Trek OCLV VW
02 Santa Cruz Superlight

hi there,
my name's mike, 26, from Munich, Germany. been lookin at this forum for years now and finally decided to join.
started riding in 96 and I'm hooked to dual/jump bikes and downhillers from that era that i couldnt afford back then...oh, and singlespeeders...
main projects right now:
'95 manitou ht, bought with dropouts converted to trackends
'98 giant atx one
'98 world force vr1
'98 yeti lawwill 6
'99 santa cruz super 8
main riders right now:
'96 kona explosif singlespeed
'96 heavy tools equipe fs1
'04 kona stinky
'10 se racing pk ripper

cheers,
mike

Now then,

It goes a little something like this:

'81 Raleigh Tomahawk
'85 raleigh Ace
'88 Diamondback sorrento (nicked- bastards)
'91 GT Tequesta (nicked- bastards)
'? Claude butler roadie
'93 GT pantera (nicked- bastards)
'94 Kona cinder cone (bent on burbage edge)
'94 Kona cinder cone (nicked- bastards)
'89 Stumpie (nicked- bastards)
98 Klein Pulse (when I got a proper job)
'98 Dale F2000 (shouldnt have sold it)
'96 Fondriest Megalu (wrapped it around the frone of a Celica)
'89 Stumpie (Picked that up for $35 from a bike shop in palo alto
:cool: )
'98 Fondriest Molven (stuffed the rear gear into the back wheel on t'snake-awaiting repair)
'53 Viking SS-T
a couple of Kaffenbacks- a custard and creme one which I bent in a race, and a blue 'un which i'm still running
'83 Orbit ex-GB team 'cross apparently once owned by the brother of Mr. Tim Gould (my current race bike)
'09 ridgeback solo world commuter (great workhorse)
'98 RM Cardiac (in bits-to be sold)
'08 853 inbred (lovely. Just lovely)

Phew! you get through 'em doncha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back