Rock Shox on the Road?

kingroon":2slfmr63 said:
pete_mcc":2slfmr63 said:
just bought a set off ebay to go on my slingshot roadie. they are like new and very lovely! I'll post a photo as soon as I can

Nice.. Looking out for a set of these at the moment.. .....

The earlier Roubaix' look heaps better than the Rubys.. :?

join the queue buddy! ;)

Sorry chaps, they're here to stay, they're lovely!

yqrn8v.jpg

I remember seeing a pic of Steve Bauer with Rockshox fitted for Paris Roubaix and the bike also had a VERY slack seat tube angle so the rider was almost sitting behind the rear hub. It looked really weird - or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Hi folks, I will be listing a Ridgeback Genesis fitted with a pair of NEW Rock Shox Ruby SL forks. Listing goes live tonight at 10pm. Item number will be 260202487150

Attachments

• P1010583.jpg
    P1010583.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2,498
ededwards":1lu6mhf9 said:
I remember seeing a pic of Steve Bauer with Rockshox fitted for Paris Roubaix and the bike also had a VERY slack seat tube angle so the rider was almost sitting behind the rear hub. It looked really weird - or is my memory playing tricks on me?

I remember he was testing some weird design that had very slack angles and put the saddle way behind the BB. The designer reckoned it made for more efficient pedalling. I don't remember Steve doing much with it though. I'm sure there was a feature on it in some magazine at the time.

I'm also sure that Steve Douce used Rockshox for cyclo cross at one time.

Here's my Trek 2100 (1994) with the ROCK SHOX "Paris-Roubaix" suspension road fork.

Attachments

• DSCN5950 (Large).JPG
    DSCN5950 (Large).JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 1,798
Another photo of my Trek 2100 with Rock Shox "PARIS-ROUBAIX" suspension road fork

Attachments

• DSCN5923 (Large).JPG
    DSCN5923 (Large).JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 1,796
Detail shot of the Rock Shox "PARIS-ROUBAIX" fork of my TREK 2100

Attachments

• DSCN5820 (Large).JPG
    DSCN5820 (Large).JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 1,793
additional photo of Trek 2100 with ROCK SHOX "Paris-Roubaix" suspension road fork

Attachments

• DSCN5819 (Large).JPG
    DSCN5819 (Large).JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 1,791
Back