MT Shasta Tempest AL 1992 Deore XT

racer x

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here is my original 1992 MT Shasta tempest Al its been in the family from new from 1993

The bike is almost original and has lots of GT parts, Think MT Shasta was or had something to do with GT back in the early 90s

Spec is all shimano XT & DX mixed with GT parts spec, was top of its range model costing me about £680 in 1993 off the top of my head :cool:

Thats cool i like the tread mate, I don't know much about them but can remember when it was new in the bike show room in 1993 there was GTs with this MT shasta and some nice Avalanches etc.

Was looking on google and put in MT shasta and there are some good pics of the mountain the bikes are named after

:cool:

:cool: Had such a nice afternoon on the Shasta today sun was out, Thought id go flat pedals after 18years of riding SPDs and i really enjoyed it for a change :D

i like that---kinda rare, too, huh? whats weird is bikepedia lists 2 cromo models for 93, so i checked an old 1992 buyers guide i had that lists the tempest AL with heat treated 6061, gt-2 fork, xt/dx

Nice one always thought it was 1993 saying that brought it new in 1993 not to say it wasn't a 1992 model, that will be this bike in your 1992 buyers guide mate XT & DX :cool:

What was the cost of the bike i think i payed £850 or 650? but not 100% now as it was long time ago :roll:

Back