Peugeot Galibier

Nice job done :D Probably one for the RBotM. (I would vote).

I only think the rear brake cable has not much space at the front. (A little cut off short I guess. Can tou freely move the steerer from left to right without disturbing the working of the brake? There is some space left at the rear end maybe.

Thanks for the comments.

Yes I tested the rear brake cable before applying the electrical tape to hold it, there is enough slack for full movement of the bars.

I must admit that not all the parts are period correct, I simply couldn't afford to make it 100% correct, but as I mentioned, my priority was to make it a good ride to start with. Maybe as time passes I can add other more correct bits. I did actually have a very nice pair of 600 brakes, but they are short drop and didn't fit.

That looks like a very nice bike, especially now the decals are on.

If you don't mind me asking, how much has the total build cost? also, where are you based? £30 for a blast and powder coat is a good price and the finish looks great in the pictures.

I'm in the Midlands and the powder coaters is called W H Paint finishers in Mansfield, it's an ok job if I'm honest, in fact this is the second f&f they've done for me and TBH the first one was better. As I say, if it was a high quality lugged frame then I'd get it enamelled at a proper frame builders.

The decals weren't cheap but they're very good quality vinyl, they're off Ebay from a guy in the states.

I'm unsure of the total cost of the build as I've still to sell a few of the original bits, a lot less than £200 including the original purchase though.

Decals

Cheers for the tip, I had a mooch around and found this fella in Australia http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cyclomondo that has a brilliant range of Retro/Vintage decals including a set for my Perthus Pro which has just increased the chances of her staying original!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
:D Hi. like what you have done with this. shows what you can build on a budget. just incase you havent noticed, your front brake blocks are the wrong way round. closed end to the front. have fun with the riding. Geo.

Latest posts

Back