The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a cannondale the same as that, also in original condition. I put it on ebay without reserve. Initially sold for 180 but the buyer backed out. I relisted it and second time round it fetched only 90

I'm toying with selling my Ballistic as it's been unused for well over a year now as I've been roadie-ing far too much. So much so I'm thinning out the MTB's and looking to get a fixed wheel road bike for winter training duties.
It's as pictured in this thread : http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84231&highlight=ballistic
It's a 20" Tange Prestige frame fitted with a pair of Marz Z2's with the travel extension kit to give a 'nominal' 80mm of travel (I have the original bits somewhere to put it back to std). Headset is a FSA XL2, seatpost is a Thomson Elite, seatclamp is a Salsa bolt up.
Shifter, brakes, cassette, chainset and mechs are all XT M737 (forks have the canti adaptor). Bars and stem are earlier white logo'ed Ritchey WCS.
Wheels are LX hubbed Mavic somethings shod with WCS tyres etc etc.
Some parts like the chain, headset, cables and other nick nacks can only have done 100 miles at tops!
So what's it worth all knowing R-B massive?

My mate has a Dave Yates full bike in 853 tubing. Spec very roughly: Rock Shox Judys, pulstar hubs, mavic rims, White Ind cranks, I think XT rear mech, Titec Hellbent bars. It's a lovely machine and, although scratched, it's in very good condition. However, there is a problem - seatpost is stuck!

Bike is in Wrexham. Anyone got a feel for asking price? I reckon about £350 without the stuck seatpost problem - but with it?

ROCK SHOX MAG 21

was just wondering on a price for a good condition rock shox mag 21, good working order, just 2 small marks to the fork legs, and a bit of paint missing from the canti bridge. 1 1/8 th threaded steerer :D

Orange Aluminium Elite DX 21”

I have owned this

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040663640 ... SNhOnm7AE#

from new (1992) and still have the receipt. The frame was replaced in 1993 under warranty with the “ovalized” tube version.

In good condition for it’s age - there are some scratches as you would expect.

Still in fairly original DX spec. (although it had a Sun Tour top pull front changer from new)
The pedals are Sun Tour XC Comp with Mt Christophe toe clips with orange Mt Christophe straps
The following upgrades/replacement of parts that wore out have been made;
Brakes changed to Shimano “V’s” long ago.
Wheels were replaced about 4 years ago with a new set (LX hubs and Mavic 317 rims).
Chain rings (small - with a TA Specialities - and middle) and bottom bracket cartridge were replaced about 6 years ago, and it is running a close ratio road cassette.
Long cage DX rear shifter renewed about 6 years ago.

Any suggestions on what it's worth please?

velocipede":22zgrwa0 said:
My mate has a Dave Yates full bike in 853 tubing. Spec very roughly: Rock Shox Judys, pulstar hubs, mavic rims, White Ind cranks, I think XT rear mech, Titec Hellbent bars. It's a lovely machine and, although scratched, it's in very good condition. However, there is a problem - seatpost is stuck!

Bike is in Wrexham. Anyone got a feel for asking price? I reckon about £350 without the stuck seatpost problem - but with it?

Best split and sell tge frame on its own mate, will get more and prob easier to sell the frame to someone who wants to try and get the post out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back