Of questionable parentage!! - Finished!! (For now)

cherrybomb

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well I got this as a Dynatech frame but it would seem that is not so clear now.

I wondered what to do with her and was going to pass her on as I kind of lost interest.

Anyway, I got board and this is the result so far. I think everything is new (or as near as damn it) and NOS except for the rear mech (which was free!).

Still not sure of the origins, but it's not building up into a bad bike really.

Still need a few bits :shock: :roll: but I thought I'd post some photos.

Not sure what I'll do with it once it's finished though. :?

DSCN3374.jpg

DSCN3371.jpg

DSCN3372.jpg

DSCN3376.jpg

Almost there......

This is a bit of an eclectic mix really! :?
NOS Frame of unknown manufacture, NOS XCR, NOS STX and modern Kore risers.

There's some stuff that needs changing over time for various reasons....

The Ringle Stem! :shock: Alivio cranks and six speed RM20 wheels for starters. :D

The wheels will go on the Karakoram when I get round to it and the XT/317s off that will go on this one. The bikes are 100 miles apart at the moment though. :roll:

I'll have a seatpost by Tuesday though, so should be able to take it for a spin then.

Considering the level and mix of components, I'm really pleased so far, I just hope she rides OK.
This build kind of reminds me of back in the day; bikes with a real mix of stuff bolted to them.......The true spirit of retro I reckon. ;)

DSCN3391.jpg

DSCN3393.jpg

DSCN3394.jpg

Looking good :cool:

Personally think a straight bar would look better, in blue or silver.

Yeah. I agree.

I'm kind of thinking black straight bar, with silver bar ends and then strip and polish the Shifter pod clamps.

I actually had the Kore in a box here though, so it'll have to do for now. :D

Yea, that would look good.
I have some silver bar ends if you need some; just let me know as I dont have a use for them at the mo.

Back