1997 Mountain Cycle CXS

zigzag":1osk39t9 said:
The quest for a rear shock that works is still on going though. Bloody things are expensive.

Yeah they are - the search for one has halted my FSR Max build. Whats wrong with yours - the shock itself or the spring?

jamabikes":1xt1swxt said:
what length shock does it need?
i2i 152mm, although the tape measure tells me 165mm will also fit OK.

Do you happen to have something suitable? :D

Bullpup":1xt1swxt said:
Yeah they are - the search for one has halted my FSR Max build. Whats wrong with yours - the shock itself or the spring?
It's the shock - something not quite right when it's on the return stroke, last 0.5" or so is kind of sticky (if that makes sense). Apparently these shocks shouldn't be compressed when there's no air in them, and mine arrived empty.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Will you be bringing this to GT ZZ? Looking good but agree with gazz on the grips, plain black would work I reckon. BTW I see you have went kinda all mountainish/DHlite kinda build, I always thought these were a XC/ Marathon bike?

Cheers Bullpup, added to the watchlist!

K - Aye, bringing it to GT, whether I get a replacement shock or not. And yes again, it should be an XC build, but bugger it, I'm on a bit of a '1 x' trip, and when I won the 120mm Z1s and the 20mm front wheel I just headed in that direction... I may yet revert to 3 x though - the bloody tensioner is draggier than Lilly Savage interviewing the Bangkok Ladyboys.

Oh aye, the grips work in the flesh. You'll see (even though it'll be dark).

Back