Nightride: 21st of October

RobMac":23je6auu said:
Great news my Russian army night vision goggles have arrived for the night ride at GT, now I hope the neck brace arrived soon as well :roll:
Just wait til you put them on and everyone shines their torches on your face LOL

RobMac":lpefeoju said:
I hope the neck brace arrived soon as well :roll:

Aye,you'll all need them at the end of this one :LOL: Maybe a fair amount of elastoplasts and Bandages too :LOL:

I would be surprised if one of these 'adventures' in the future doesnt end up with someone being helicoptered off to hospital ;)

mikee":1y3iy9qa said:
so your no coming then Andy ?

Not a chance :LOL: Hard enough for me to stay upright in the daytime.At night is just asking for trouble.
I reckon i could keep up with this one though,doubt anyone will be going over 2mph :LOL:

dyna-ti":aun4r2j4 said:
doubt anyone will be going over 2mph :LOL:
The modern LED lights are superb, and if you know the trail... 4mph is achievable!

For those running a decent set of lights, I don't think we'll be far off daytime speeds.

As I actually have left GT by Ambulance in the past I'm hoping this satisfies the gods of the tress so that they leave me alone :LOL:

As for speed we might average out as faster or at least the same as normal because we'll no want to hang around yacking in the cold between stages even if we ride slower. Plus every minute we're not riding that you forget to dim your super lights thats a bit closer to them running out of juice and plunging you into darkness :shock:

with these super lights as you put it , you just leave them running
switching off and on kills them

That means who ever has the shortest run time dictates how fast we complete the ride. Please, nobody have a burn time of only one hour :shock:

Back