As we're in a photo mood......

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
......I thought I'd share these with you :D

Cast your minds back to the floods we experienced a few months ago, and this is what Bardney Lock, near Lincoln was like.
Mike and I pass by it on one of our rides, and I couldn't resist photographing it.
Amazing isn't it! :shock:

And no Ed, Mike didn't ride through it ;)

Attachments

• DSC00084.JPG
    DSC00084.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 979
  • DSC00081.JPG
    DSC00081.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 979
  • DSC00076.JPG
    DSC00076.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 980
Wowzers.. Is that boat being pulled down by its own mooring because the water level is so high in that top photo?

That's incredible; the floods even made the Aussie News..

Woah, that's one Big Fish..

My girlfriend is from Thorpe Hesley [near Rotherham?] and her folks narrowly missed the Wrath of The Floods; their house is on a comparative hill so they got away with it..

I remember seeing something on You Tube where a car is being washed down a street..?

spent most of my youth mtbing the in the Wye Valley, between Monmouth and Ross

went out along the river bank one day with a mate from school, the Wye always flood at least once a year (however very few people live on the flood plain, if any),

we ended up cycling up to our handle bars in the flood water, completely ruined an XTR headset, my mate decided to bunny hop a little stream which was flowing into the Wye, but the side he landed on collapsed into the stream and in he went with the bike, the flow of the stream then started to take his bike into the Wye (which was flowing very fast), he was up to his chest in the stream franticly grabbing his orange, was pretty scarey stuff,

His name wasn't Mike by chance was it??? :LOL:

This is Mike, ahem, washing his bike in Wales!!!! :shock:

Attachments

• Real Ale Wobble 2007 034 _Small_.jpg
    Real Ale Wobble 2007 034 _Small_.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 906
Back