Oops, I did it again. Red 1993 Sbike 503 - Finished

Outer cables cut, inner cables installed and everything adjusted. Working on this bike really reminded me how much I hate cantilevers.

All that's left is a test drive, and then a good cleaning. Some idiot put his oil-stained hands all over the bike.
Can't imagine who, as I'm the only one who worked on it. :roll:

Loved to read the history of Sbyke ;)

So your frame is Cromoly right? They never engraved anything on the Frame as Serial number?

Was indeed a nice find and buy ;)

Hope you can find more details but I would mail the company thru their Email to see if they know any thing more about your Sbike ;)

Nuno

Nuno,

It's CroMo indeed. Frame number is on the BB.

Mailing the company is not an option. Sbike has been defunct since the mid-90s.

Right ... And here it is outside.

IMAG0117.jpg

I'm having a bit of trouble with the adjustment of the front mech.
The chain hits the inner side of the cage when on the biggest rear sprocket, and hits the outer side when on the smallest rear sprocket.
No amount of adjusting gives me a clean chainrun. I've never had this problem before.
I'm going to have to learn how to use the front shifter again, as that'll be the only way to work around this problem.

I also really need to plan ahead when driving this one. It does brake, but just not hard enough to my liking.

Apart from those minor things, I'm having a blast.

good work mr bulls, but i wouldnt like to drink out of that bottle after riding through a cow field :shock: :shock:

Charlieboy28":2cmyayh1 said:
good work mr bulls, but i wouldnt like to drink out of that bottle after riding through a cow field :shock: :shock:

Yeah, it's an unfortunate position, isn't it? It turns out to be quite the conversation piece indeed, for the reason you just mentioned.

TBH I wouldn't even drink out of it on a rainy day, or after any offroad riding.
I'm actually thinking about turning a black water bottle (same size as this Bontrager one) into a battery pack and using that to power some serious LED headlight unit mounted just above the front wheel.
That's why I didn't cut down the reflector hanger at the front yet, it makes a perfect mounting point for a set of twin lights.

Back