RIDES FOR 2012?

brocklanders023":1pn8lw8r said:
On the 'which day' issue... I'm not bothered, Saturday or Sunday are fine so long as I have notice and can book leave. :D

I'm generally a Sunday rider. It's what they where made for.

Saturday is for resting from work, getting organised and with the Family as the shops are open.

An AECs job is to put on rides for the members of his given area

I have to disagree with this and it was brought up in other area's

It is the AEC job to coordinate, promote and help if possible in rides, he/she does not have to put them on* (though Vern does an excellent job and most xAEC ride anyway).

ChrisV40 promotes the Sherwood Pines & Bicyclemania ride but he does not host and put on the ride.

So with Kinder Scout I just thought it's one less job for Kaya/M2T/CV40 and an idea the NW/Midlands lot could organise as they live there, as such.

Ultimatley if people want to ride then they can and ask others to come along. Calendar or not.

*apart from the National Series ride if one is hosted I beleive.

mass tresspass

this mass trespass looks too good to miss or , indeed the route, for any area group. it's all there. scenery, water features, food stops, rail stations, main roads for 'get out' needs. plus a visitor centre for start point.

i will see chrisv40 shortly so we can have a chat about it and relay things back to vern.

good one si for flagging it up and ben for the link. i see big potential here for 'tribal' meets or local group hosting.

extra care will have to be taken if THAT number of ramblers are in the hood on any future RB visits.

I'm hoping I should have at least one bike rideable for off-road within the next month, so really lookingforward to joining in rides after that. It'll probably not quite be retro (the 2002 Carabo), but it's a start.

kingofhill, we are planning on having some local to this area rides through the year as well as these more regional rides

Our usual rambles over the Welton/S.Cave/Beverley sections
A circular around Castle Howard (Hovingham/Terrington/Slingsby area)
Once from Helmsley
One near Pocklington/Milington

and maybe some more

Has anyone else a ride they think would make a good day out? we also need to think of some all weather rides for winter and spring as well.

Also next year I think we should try to have one regional & one local ride every month. Local rides being local to myself,Chris,Marc and regional rides being a big day out with a pub, events with other areas and such.

Keep your suggestions coming and remember the rides are for every one so all you lurkers join in as well ;)

rides

i'm currently looking up a route which, needs constructing to a ride.

so far this incorporates a historic house/park(good for the parking and assembly) then heading south westerly along canal/trail with pub stop options and then along to a not very- well- known beyond here(my hood) type of recreation trail, and back in a loop.

it's very early days and unknown in parts but needs stitching together and so on. its something im doing in my spare hours and slm racing will be helping out too with some of his local knowledge.

not giving much up am i? :LOL: mainly because its an unknown entity but i see the potential for a fairly flat, flowing, points of interest-type ride that heavy downpours the night before may not impact on. if a ride-able route develops it will act as a good back-up plan should this part of the uk be frozen, flooded etc... and, as i know little of the trail yet it may uncover more potential than anticipated? leave it with me and camera ;) the 'fairly flat' refers to the connecting paths/canal. the rest of it will have some up n down.

the plan? unknown/my job to do.

the general area for reference? west yorshire/south east leeds.

cheers.

Latest posts

Back