1997 Mountain Cycle CXS

Ok, been a while since I've updated, mostly because I was dragging my heels on lacing up the QR20 hub... anyway, here here we go...

dsc5079nef.jpg

Apart from finding some cable outers that exactly matched the paint, not hugely pleased with the way it looks to be honest, so it could well end up a work in progress - I think a set of pale blue maggies would look much nicer, and the red bombers don't quite look right either. In an ideal world, repaint the forks in matching kawasaki green with blue bomber decals.

Running 1x9 with what looks like a reasonably early DMR chain-guide / tensioner thingy for that pretend DH look. Just got room for the 2.4 Mountain King at the back which I'm happy about.

Kore stem and Azonic PDW bars, cranks, shifter and rear mech are M750. NOS Ritchey Vector atop a nearly-new Ritchey Classic seatpost I picked up cheap on eBay. The seat-clamp is a no-name lightweight Taiwanese job. Bright blue Superstar grips complete the garish cockpit.

Forks feel really soft, not sure if they need harder springs or if I just need to adjust to what are effectively DH forks.

its a great looking bike in the flesh , haven't ridden it far (too high seat and spds on it , but felt nice
zz moaned about it tho , just needs a wee bit of development

zigzag":3be0jj41 said:
Ok, been a while since I've updated, mostly because I was dragging my heels on lacing up the QR20 hub... anyway, here here we go...

dsc5079nef.jpg

Apart from finding some cable outers that exactly matched the paint, not hugely pleased with the way it looks to be honest, so it could well end up a work in progress - I think a set of pale blue maggies would look much nicer, and the red bombers don't quite look right either. In an ideal world, repaint the forks in matching kawasaki green with blue bomber decals.

Running 1x9 with what looks like a reasonably early DMR chain-guide / tensioner thingy for that pretend DH look. Just got room for the 2.4 Mountain King at the back which I'm happy about.

Kore stem and Azonic PDW bars, cranks, shifter and rear mech are M750. NOS Ritchey Vector atop a nearly-new Ritchey Classic seatpost I picked up cheap on eBay. The seat-clamp is a no-name lightweight Taiwanese job. Bright blue Superstar grips complete the garish cockpit.

Forks feel really soft, not sure if they need harder springs or if I just need to adjust to what are effectively DH forks.

I think it looks pretty tricky actually and good work on those outers :cool:

Aye, the looks have grown on me Gazz, I think it looks better in the metal.

The outers were a lucky fluke - I'd bought a set last year for the Stumpy from eBay, and I was rooting through my spares box when I was building this and layed them up against the frame - couldn't believe that they were an exact match. Even better the ebay seller still had some.

Mikee will be pleased to hear I've sorted the rear hub and tightened the headset. The quest for a rear shock that works is still on going though. Bloody things are expensive.

suspenders, at least good ones, always are :?

The blue grips are a bit marmite for me but as you say bikes look totally different in "real life".

blue grips contrast well with the maguras flouroness (that can be seen
thru even the darkest forest )

Back