My half retro rides - 2x Gazelle

skimons

Retro Newbie
I like the ride of steel, AND the (lightweight and functional) modern stuff like wheels, shifters etc, so this what I came up with. So half retro only. Hope you like it!

sorry, not enough posts for direct posting of images, maybe later :)

Attachments

• Gazelle_Di2.jpg
    Gazelle_Di2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 3,810
  • Gazelle Demax.jpg
    Gazelle Demax.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 3,809
A couple years ago I sold a NOS 1995 Gazelle Team frame to someone who built it up with full Record. Modern, with the carbon. It looked good and without any doubt it made a great bike. I liked what he did. The frame had much in common with Skimon's Special. The Special is a slightly more luxurious frame. I like Skimon's builds too.

pricelist.jpg

Both very clean bikes Skimon.

Welcome btw ! :)

haha, thanks. hope i don't get banned by my semi-retro behaviour.. :roll:

i like the special very much, it's dead heavy, but a great ride. BTW it's not an Champion Mondial AA, but just a "Special", I think it was build 1999 or so. It has Trapezi 531 tubing, like the DeMax, but it's lugged and not sloping

btw, this is my next project (build it with DA track group), the frame is quite rare, since I never bumped into this the last 5 years.. it's a tick too small, but did not want to wait for another 5 yrs for the right size

Attachments

• Gazelle Piste.jpg
    Gazelle Piste.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 3,787
They are both real beauties ! i think straight forks look much better on race bikes - and modern equipment works so much better than the old stuff.
BRAVO! :cool:

The Gazelle Team I had was of about the same generation as your Special, so a bit later than the 1995 I guessed initially. It was a white one, like in the 1998 catalogue >> 1998 catalogue on Gazelleer's Gazelle catalogue source.

I remember having seen that green TVM track frame somewhere. Probably the same frame.

A nice late 90s Gazelle collection you have. Most recent Gazelle in my stable atm is a 1990 Champion Mondial ATB.

I used to watch Gazelle track bikes at the Skol 6 day at Earls court in the 70's ..........they were always very clean looking machines and ridden by even cleaner looking dutchmen (usually) :D

Shaun

Re:

Half retro gets my approval. Guilty of such a crime myself. I am running 7800 groupsets on a couple of classic steel frames. I love the look of downtube shifters but when you have ridden daily for years using STi from the hoods it's a bit of a reach of faith.

Latest posts

Back