My 96 16" GT LTS DH, update 30/8/08

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Don't know if these things are popular on here or not but i thought i'd post some pics anyhow, it's my 96 GT LTS DH that i've had for eight years, it's getting stripped and rebuilt once i've built up my Orange, hopefully next month.

It's needing a new headset, cassette, chain, pedals, tyres and the forks could be doing with new seals, probably will be changing the stem for an Answer or Ringle one (an Answer would match the seatpost but Ringles are nice) and i'll be sticking my old five arm Shimano cranks back on when i can get a new chain ring (DX or XT i think ?), just the outer ring (with the rest of the DH chain retainer back on) as this bike has never had a front mech.
I'll be painting the fork lowers too (possibly white ?) and getting new stickers for them

Excuse the light brackets :oops: , i was using it as a commuter before christmas.

gtltsdhside.jpg

ltsdhfr.jpg

mechagouki":6hm7wf24 said:
awesome! how are your bushings holding up? what's that rear disc?

Cheers ;) , bushes seem fine though i'll be checking them more thorough when it's stripped, i understand there is an upgrade for these so i may check that out, the bike has had a fairly easy life though.

Front and rear discs are Hope C2's on Hope hubs.

Lovely LTS i have an LTS-1 that i am just finishing building carrying XTR disc's strange i know but true :shock: .I do love the DH version i used to have one a while ago but i sold it in a mad moment :evil: .An answer stem would be awesome on it and a Ringle would be mouth watering.Fantastic bike enjoy....... :LOL: .

I was talking with The Edster and we were saying there has been a shortage of GT's on here over the last few months; I was even contemplating putting my 2007 ride on here! Then, 4 appear all at once!

Nice LTS, bit of a mixture of New and Old School but nicely done. Timeless rigs the LTS, STS & RTS wouldnt you say?? :cool:

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3nb3g8na said:
I was talking with The Edster and we were saying there has been a shortage of GT's on here over the last few months; I was even contemplating putting my 2007 ride on here! Then, 4 appear all at once!

Nice LTS, bit of a mixture of New and Old School but nicely done. Timeless rigs the LTS, STS & RTS wouldnt you say?? :cool:

yeah stupid is'nt it none for a while and then 4 all come at once............Where have i heard that before ??? :LOL: nice rig though is'nt it Mr GTRTS&AVALANCHE The Edster :LOL: ;) :cool: .

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":2uxmtr62 said:

I didn't realise you two had a thing for GT's?!?! :LOL:

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3cw5za0a said:
Well, seeing as the only 2 MTB's I have are GT's........ ;)
You like GT's......................Go on get out of here i had you down as a Barracuda lover ??????????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;) :cool: Sorry just had to.And fine GT's they are to mind you have only seen the RTS most but like what i have seen.

Back