1995 Zaskar

Well, changed my mind again.

Recently in the USA someone has gotten hold of a lot of NOS GT stock, including the hens teeth 95 era graphics..period for my bike.

So i snapped up a pair quickly! so i took the 92 stuff off, and put the 95 on.

I am very happy with how it sits now, with cantilevers and not a U Brake, it just looks a bit more "right" with the 95 graphics on it.

I am always tinkering with it...other little changes, I have a nice 145mm or so NOS GT cro-mo flip flop stem now, and I bought a Tioga T Bone post for it, as I prefer a direct mount post not layback in any form, like the previous. I have a Tioga Alchemy headset on the bike, so it kind of matches in nicely.

I found 1 x brand new in box NOS IRC GeoClaw skinwall tyre today at a local bike shop that has some old parts still laying around from the day.. The bike looks really good with skinwalls...so I am now on the hunt for some NOS skinwalls for it, or at least one more tyre anyway.

DSCF7465.jpg

Looks nice with the new decals!
Is that seller of the NOS GT parts the same guy that sells as 'pickedinga' on eBay maybe?

Irvin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Zaskar

Looking good Merckx...

Picked up the same decals as well for myself from the other seller that had them.....

Just deciding myself what graphics to go for on mine....

I do like the look of all black tyres on your ride......looks stealth...

i reckon the 1993 Zaskar graphics were pretty nice myself brettels, even thought they were quite simple and plain, they looked really good on the ball burnish finish...kind of really had that 'team' bike, handmade in the usa look.

the tyres i have on it currently are maxxis larsens exceptions, in 2.0. the great thing about modern tyres is they grip and roll really well, are nice and light, easy to get hold of and cheap! ( by comparison to NOS skinwalls)

i had some skins on it on the weekend, the problem is the zmax i found second hand, exploded its sidewall when i pumped it up :LOL:

but they gave the bike a huge period lift...it did look very cool..

Photo opportunity update, Panaracer Smoke + Dart HC skinwall tyres:

DSCF8589.jpg

And my nice and wide 630mm 11 degree sweep Salsa Moto Ace handlebars. Not retro, but very nice, and improve the handling and fun of the bike no end!

DSCF8591.jpg

Back