2011 Surly Pugsley Fat Bike

I will have to weigh it to be sure, but it will probaly be around the 38lb mark.

My salsa mukluk was aluminium and that was 37.9lb or so!

I have cranked the pressures up to 18psi to let the new rubber set in, it's basically like riding a bike with 3-4" suspension. It absorbs everything!

They ride and roll very well, not like what you'd imagine, and they are popular in the states for xc riding and also epic 150mile trips over terrain like mountain ranges etc. Reading reviews and reports, these things go anywhere.

I want one too. I am waiting for the On One though...

Absolutely love the Pugs and have seen one only once at the Eurobike.

That's the thing, its a big jump when you can't test ride or try new models, there still largely unknown in the uk.

I have never seen another fat bike bar the 2 I have owned, so it was a leap into the dark I guess.

Happy to let people try it out if they want.

The full bike as it is, with led lights, computer, frame bag with basic tools comes in at 41lb :)

Weird. There was an article on these in one of the mags last year but still not seen one in the flesh (shops or trails)

most stores here only get them on pre order, i dont doubt if they started stocking them more, then word will get out and they will be much more popular.

the interest you get is unreal, unlike any other bike. the amount of people staring and swearing at the size of it is funny.

done a nice 24 mile loop today, and cyclists and pedestrians all took interest!

they are bigger in the flesh, pics dont do them justice.

my girlfriend liked her first ride on a fat bike yesterday, just a couple of miles around local park in the rain, but shes already keen to get it to the beach next to her house.

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

Holy feck!
I thought a 2.2 was fat. :LOL: No wonder they get a reaction when you are out. Would love to have a shot on one of them.

Back