My Bikes

little jim

Devout Dirtbag
2002 ish Dawes Giro 400
2dhftjd.jpg

A complete hotch potch of parts but it rides nice enough to have done a couple of 100 mile sportives on it.

1980s Peugeot single speed
2e6h69x.jpg

A frameset essentially dug out of a skip, given a moderate clean and shod with lots of spare parts to make a properly fast single speed bike (once you get the gear turning anyway).

1980 Viscount KP Crisps team replica
oivwag.jpg

Dug out of a skip and completely stripped and rebuilt (even if it did take 2 days and a lot of swearing to get the stem out). All it needs now is some appropriate tyres and some bar tape.

Not a road bike but hey :)
1993 Specialized Stumpjumper
nq38g8.jpg

Bought for £50 second hand ages ago ridden loads but cleaned and restored nearly to it's former glory, apart from the tyres which I'm struggling with, the pedals and the brake callipers which are coming in the post (thanks Vinevo). This will be up for sale very soon.

Fast work on the Viscount! It looks great now. Have you had chance to take it for a spin yet?

Thanks for the comments. I haven't taken the viscount for a spin because unfortunately I don't have any rim tape for the wheels so obviously can't put tubes in the tyres. I'm getting some tomorrow though and I'm looking forward to going for a ride.
As to the seatposts I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall and the dawes and the peugeot are a little bit small so I need half a mile of seatpost showing.
I've measured the distance between the bottom bracket and my preferred saddle height at 84cm :)

Took the viscount out for it's first spin since being restored and by god it's a smooth ride :D it just flows over everything. Its slow to accelerate but that's down to the frame and probably the old steel wheels.
Still it rides far nicer than it's age and aesthetic condition suggest (the paintwork is pretty grotty). It'll be a shame to see it go but go it must (up for sale tonight or tomorrow), i've run out of both money and space in the garage.
As a first proper restoration project I think it went well and it's got me hooked on classic road bikes in a big way :)

Latest posts

Back