Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

Not sure mate, would like to do something this weekend if possible if others can make it, if not probably just do something local, for local people...

Sorry boys, moving house over the next few weekends so too busy again! :(

At least the new place has more space for bikes, so I can top up my collection! Heading over to the UK at Xmas, so I want to bring back my Rocky Mountain...

Any of you guys shipped a bike before? Not sure if it's best to invest in a bike box & take it as baggage or post it too myself just before I leave...

RM2-1.jpg

Gotta love a steel frame & a set of RC36s!
Thanks for the link will see what I can get once I'm back in Blighty.
Anyways hope to get out on the bike in a few weeks time!

Mark (Pfenig) is the one to talk to having recently shipped some bikes over from the motherland.

As for this weekend, not sure what to do yet, looks like shitty weather according to the forecast. I need to get out though as I am getting lazy! Maybe an early blast through Lyster on Saturday morning would be the ticket?

I shipped mine on the slow boat, so they took 8 weeks or so. I don't know if your willing to wait that. I can't remember the company now, but I found one that will ship a bike for about 80 pounds, perhaps a bit more. You then might have to get shipping insurance on top of that.

From what I understand there are some limitations on australian postage sizes that rule out sending anything frame size or bigger using normal post... Aaron told me that so he may be able to give more info

I think you'd be best taking it on the plane with you in some kind of bike box.

And that does look like a nice Rocky Mountain. Have always fancied one of those. As you say, the combination of a good steel frame and some RC36s is always good! My P7 and my c16 both have RC36s and they always feels right

Thanks for the info Pfennig, it's much appreciated. I didn't realise you were a fellow Expat!

Hope to see you lads out on the trails soon!

Shall we organise a proper big meet in a few weeks then, give people time to get leave passes etc?

As for this weekend, im going to Lysty tomorrow morning to try and get used to this damn modern shitbox, you up for it Markus? If so the usual T&P nice and early though about 9

Back