EWR E-Motion 650b/29er FINISHED

mfh126

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This one should be arriving any day now. :cool: Bilenky made a handful (Edit: only two of these frames exist) of these E-Motion 650B/29er ("B9er") frames for EWR after a customer requested a custom frame, but for whatever reason EWR decided not to do a full production run and never released them to the public. It's designed to run a 29" wheel in front and a 650b wheel in the back -- the 650B allows for shorter stays and provides greater acceleration over a 29" wheel.

E-motionB9ergeometry.jpg

Vive La Revolution!

When I was over New Hampshire way picking up a FAT from a FATCOGs Member, we had a long chat about 29ers and how popular they've become Stateside.. And I have to say.. I kinda liked the idea of them :cool:

Especially the idea of a Fully Rigid 29er.. But a 650 Rear Wheel? That is radical thinking.. So not a 96er? http://sheldonbrown.com/26.html

Anyways, thought I'd post rather than just click Watch this topic for replies ;)

Matt,

The idea of running the 650b in the rear is to lessen the size difference between the 26" and 29" wheels on a typical 96er, while still taking advantage of the greater accelaration afforded by the slightly smaller rear wheel. 29ers have a very solid foothold here in the States, and the 650b bikes have a small following, too. Here's a good article from Bike Radar about the 29er revolution and even mentions the 650b wheel size: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/t ... ers-28684/.

The frame arrived yesterday, so I'll get some pics up soon! :cool:

Thanks for the great comments! Here are some better pics that I took today. I'll get a spec list up at some point, but it's pretty easy to see everything from the pictures. ;)

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

:cool:

That 29" wheel dwarfs the 26" :LOL:

I'd be really interested in your impressions on the ride compared with a 26er.

Back