Campagnolo Brake Block - Single

Big Betty

Retro Newbie
I bought a brake set from ebay with only 3 brake blocks thinking it would be easy to pick up a spare. So far I have been unsuccessful and it is the last remaining item for me to acquire before I can take my new project out on the road.

Does anyone have a spare campy brake block they are tempted to sell.

I've included the pic below.

Thanks

Attachments

• Campagnolo Brakes.jpg
    Campagnolo Brakes.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 627
I have a spare Campag Record brake pad you're welcome to, but I don't think I have any spare shoes. From your photo, it looks like those aren't Campag Record brake shoes, so you could just look for a similar fourth generic shoe. However, if you want the pad, just pm your address and I'll pop it in the post.

Hi Betty :) Got your PM, and replied. The brakes are "genuine" Campagnolo Gran Sports. Both shoes and blocks are also genuine period Campagnolo. I might have 1 spare, will have to have a mooch for you. If I haven't got 1, I'll soon get you 1 :) Later my friend, yours Laz.

Hi AM :) GS is stamped right side of the brakes. Rivetted QR, domed nut, square shoes without guides :) I just happen to have a few pair of these fitted to bikes so recognised them straight off :) Nice to see you, take care, yours Laz.

Hi again Betty :) Sorry, just completely tipped out my entire collection of stuff and there is no sign of that spare Gran Sport :-( Only found a pair of Super Record, a pair of Chorus, and a pair of Record, all no good to you. Perhaps someone in here can help ?

Alternative is use 2 non brands until your spare arrives. Later my friend, yours Laz.

Thanks to both of you for bothering to check for me.
I have just been fortunate to spot a listing for two brake blocks on ebay, so now I have a spare one.
It's all coming together.

Latest posts

Back