1990 Yeti C26

It´s me who bought the tubes, now I´ve got all the way that ameybrook and Justkev have already done. Hope the result is similar to them´s, really awesome both!! I wouldn´t have bid if I hadn´t seen your projects guys ;)

trip":3gq551lp said:
It´s me who bought the tubes, now I´ve got all the way that ameybrook and Justkev have already done. Hope the result is similar to them´s, really awesome both!! I wouldn´t have bid if I hadn´t seen your projects guys ;)

Did you have contact with CH yet? good luck with the project! :cool:

trip":i0xp3dgv said:

Cool, good luck with your project and keep us posted!

yeti-man":223nyvdj said:
Cool project - like it. The race originals were iconic bikes. I was around one of them at the NORBA race in Atlanta 1990, I took this picture of two Yeti riders
yeti_atlanta.jpg

The reason why I took this picture was the FRO - I realized after the film was developed that I have one of the few pictures of Joey Erwin and Joey Erwins C-26 (the first of all factory C-26 bikes)

Enjoy your icon, and I am looking for one my self... if not at least a pseudo one like ameybrooks "C-26"

:D

Great...love old candid MTB race photos :cool:

So long as YOU are happy that's what matters eh ?
Like the look of what you have created and appreciate the effort ....but isn it like a plate of delicious cakes in a dolls house ?
If someone wanted to cut up my Rocky to make an un rideable inaccurate replica I would .......well I guess I am a rider rather than a voyeur ;)

captaincosmic":2jad541z said:
So long as YOU are happy that's what matters eh ?

I guess so. Some folk are happy with a Hardrock.

Like the look of what you have created and appreciate the effort ....but isn it like a plate of delicious cakes in a dolls house ?

Thanks but I dont think so? Its a fully rideable machine that I choose to hang on my study wall.

If someone wanted to cut up my Rocky to make an un rideable inaccurate replica I would .......well I guess I am a rider rather than a voyeur ;)

Not sure what you mean here? Its not unrideable - I choose not to ride it. As for "inaccurate replica" can you elaborate there - maybe you're an unknown authority on vintage Yetis? I'm sure many here would welcome an education.

And I'm a rider too - I just believe that restored vintage bikes are for admiring. I ride a modern Ibis Mojo SL.

Welcome an education Lol
I suggest instead that you don't take another persons opinion as a personal slight and far from educating you in the history of 'Vintage' Yetis I would just point out that as already mentioned the top tube is round instead of oval and that it is not original ,like taking a 3 series Beemer and making it an M3 in all but serial number
Like I said it looks very nice........ ;)
I built up a steel Yeti frame in 92 for a customer it was a beaut ! He used to run a Tioga disc real wheel that I had to tune up on a weekly basis :roll:
It made a cool rumbling noise though

Most steel Yeti bikes had oval top tubes, rarer ones had round. All C26 had round toptubes.

I'm pretty thick skinned so not taken as a personal slight, I was genuinely curious as to what you meant.

And yes, the Tioga Disc are high maintainence but it was a price worth paying then and now for both the aesthetics and awesome noise!

Back