show us your cars 2

Congrats Reki!

Now familiarise yourself with that routine for putting your ESP off, before you hit some snow!

...and turn your wipers off, then turn the car off, then hit the one wipe position and your wipers will park up at the sides, great when cleaning the screen, even better for avoiding the ice frozen wipers scenario.

:)

gibbleking":2ijzuepc said:
heres an updated pic of mine...v70 2.5 xlt turbo......200 bhp and a top end of 160 and 0 to 60 in just under 8 seconds...its got puple wipers at the front too..

I have the saloon version of the same... great car for the money. Great car full stop actually... I had a 1993 850 before it and that was close to motoring perfection for me - the design was virtually perfect first time round, most of the changes that were made afterwards spoiled both the looks and the usability of the interior a bit for me.... This one is faster, but a bit heavier (has the electric seats + aircon in addition to full leather compared to half leather on my 850)

I think technically it's 193 BHP but who's quibbling, it's fast and exceptionally smooth :)

s70cd-small.jpg
[/img]

Ooooh that's a nice example ....I got the estate version as I have lots of things I have to take to my cycle lessons....well one of the reasons...I just love the shape of them...

I love the shape too - actually an estate would have been useful for me but the saloons have always been that much cheaper... ridiculously cheap for what they are.

But the thing I have always loved most about the 850 and family is the haunting 5-cylinder exhaust note :cool:

He'll yes...I just love starting my 2.5 up.......sounds like a softer scooby....I thought the pipe was blowing when I looked at the thing first time round...turns out that's what it's supposed to sound like....I'll be replacing my back box with a nice stainless one after I get my next wages thru...anodised rainbow pattern job for seventy quid ish...

Friend of mine had a T5R. It had been modded to "at least" 320bhp. When he first got it we went for a curry and on the way back did a rough 0-60 time. 4 big blokes in the car, and an auto gearbox, and we timed it at 6.5s. Then he realised a few days later he had the gearbox in "snow mode". It could do insane cornering speeds if you were brave enough - it had some odd suspension system to stop understeer which felt strange but was addictive (he was a kart racer himself). Especially when doing 60mph around large roundabout with the front inside tyre spinning so hard the smoke kinda ruined your vision out of the front!

He had to sell it in the end as the alloys were getting ruined around our rubbish roads and the 12mpg got a little expensive!!

This is the one which the S-Max has replaced.

Attachments

• V70 D5.jpg
    V70 D5.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 627
Back