Pace RC306 help please

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
.... I know nothing about these and need to know more.

How good they are, suspension compatibility, etc etc...

And value? Frame only??

Cheers for any help.. :cool:

RC306 is final generation of RC303, which I know a lot about.

RC303 was made for 130mm travel. 140 won't be a problem. AFAIK, RC306 is further lightened and with post-mount rear brake fitting.

It's a very comfortable, light, do-it all frame that handles well and consensus on Retrobike underrates them IMHO. Certainly the most comfortable hard-tail I've ever had - which is where it falls down - but if you are on too tight a budget for full-suspension, it fills the gap quite well.

Twinned up with the right fork (i.e. one that will bob down when locked out when climbing) it climbs really well and weight is OK. Mine came in at 11kg with UST rims and 2.1 tyres, 180 rotors and no consideration taken with regard to weight whatsoever.

Fitting rear brake is a hassle due to the gusset at the seattube/top-tube joint. Seatpost minimum insert is pretty deep which means you might need to cut your seatpost to drop the seat far enough for extreme descents.

After all that - My size medium is for sale as F/F combo for £850, including WCS headset,Thomson seatpost and BNIB DTXCM130s.Why? So I can run a 405 instead - which is the same front end, with rear suspension!

Cool, thanks for the response.

I'll pass the info on to my friend, who's been offered a frame for very little money indeed.

Back