My Saracen Kili Comp - remodelled in a kinda Cruiser stylee

Really nice, mate.

I've always had a soft spot for the pierced top tube era saracens. Had a sahara as my first "proper" bike, until some scumbag nicked it....

coomber":34cbw4gl said:
Finishing touch? Interesting.

Looks fab

Yeah, a tiny touch of 'bling' to replace something that's worn - is my justification :cool:

Be interesting to see how much further I have to lower the seat as well - didn't want to get 'insertion' scratches on it until I was ready to measure it up for the shakedown ride... :roll:

...and I hope the toe-clips are big enough - seems you can only find Medium/Large these days and I always had Large BITD.

I might have some saracen toe clips. I'll take a peek in the shed in the next few nights see if I do.

It's certainly grown on me as the build progressed - and I've actually kept this one more retro than my usual builds.

I wasn't a huge canti' fan prior to joining the Forum, having ditched them in favour of V's BITD as soon as they became available, but I now have 'a thing' about the 'enhancers' for the front ie;

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tektro-tektr ... prod14032/

...and have them on two of my bikes. However, the one on here came on the old Marzocchi fork I fitted to my boys' Dynatech and works just as well if not better - it has more of a 'cam' effect (I'll take some detail pix later in the week). The front canti's are now easily the equal of my V-equipped bikes... :cool:

dendy":h07ax401 said:
Nice job Steve. Looks very striking indeed :cool:

Thank you kind sir :D

Hoping the weather is sunny on Friday so I can get some decent photo's;

Have to take SWMBO to choccywoccydoodah's in Brighton tomorrow to make up for being a Retrobike Widow... ;)

Gimme chance, blimey! Takes a while to load photo's onto Photobucket then faff around posting them on here;

Here's a taster to be going on with while I get my chores done before SWMBO gets home... :oops:

PB120105.jpg

........ :shock: ............LOOIKING GOOD stevo, ready to race....!!!! sweet pic too... :cool:

Back