1995 TREK Y-22 NEW PROJECT - DONE AND OUT FOR A RIDE!

011trek.jpg

013.jpg

May_2011_023.jpg

Not intending to hijak your build post but hopefully encourage you, with a few shots of my Y3 (now shod on Panarace 'smokes') from a few months ago....

Glad to see another Y-bike!

making great progress..

-Stem striped and polished.
-New 800 X-Rays.
-Mint PC7 Levers made from mixing the best parts from 3 sets.
-Correct system 2 bar ends added. (Not sure I like em...)
-Making a mint 737 rear mech.

To be Continued..

Attachments

• photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 3,362
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 3,362
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 3,362
Getting there!

-polished rear triangle to mirror
-restored / polished crank
-rebuilt 737 rear mech
-new crank bros sc..(got 5 sets at $39 each!)
-waiting on NOS vetta tt saddle / NOS tioga psychos..this one will be 100% stock!

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 3,154
  • IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 3,154
roc6839 sourced me a couple of vanadium railed Vetta TT's from his LBS, he's in canada too.

Almost there!..got the NOS Vetta TT Trishock today!..Catologue spec!..

just tires and wiring to go..I have NOS Tioga Psychos sitting at the UPS store in New York for a month!

Attachments

• photo(10).JPG
    photo(10).JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,759
  • photo(9).JPG
    photo(9).JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 1,757
Nice to see one of these on here again. :cool:
Here's mine which I owned for 14 years but sold last year and looking at yours did I do the right thing ?
Great bike, way ahead of its time.

Attachments

• y33.jpg
    y33.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 1,733
Trek Y 22

fr0sty":w4aowjfs said:
Looks amazing, will be following this one.
Hi, Henry. Congratulations for your bike in such a mint condition. It just looks like a brand new one just arrived from the bike shop !
I have a '95 Trek Y 22 in the same color as yours but mine has some scratches from transport.
Along the time I have upgraded my bike. I added a rear Shimano LX V-brake and a Shimano disc brake in the front. I changed the suspensions, too. I put a white Rock Shox Recon Gold TK in the front and a rear X-Fusion O2 RL both of them with remote lockout.
I use a TrekUSA OCLV rocketboy jersey from that time and miss the shorts.
Bontrager rubber handles and Merida X carbon bar ends set the handle.
My shifters are still original ones ( LX front and XT rear) and work nicely.
I replaced my cassette and chain. My headstem cap is a Bontrager carbon one (for aesthetic purpose, only). One of my Gripshift X-ray 800 by SRAM was broken in a shop when installing the lock of one of the suspensions. My seat was replaced, too. I use a Selle Italia Thoork these days. I have Tioga XC Factory tires once I prefer knobbier tires not the modern easier rolling tires without hairy surfaces.
I'd like to have mine repainted but I'm afraid I couldn't bring it to its glory days of past. The decals are difficult to get !
Congratulations one more time.

Thanks man

Do you have any pictures? The paint can be perfectly replicated. I had great results with my trek 930 which is the same colour. It is white primer with a gold base and several layers of translucent red. It can be done.

Velocals or gil m on this forum can hook you up with decals.

Thanks again for the compliments!

Back