Any Bontrager experts?

Cheers, if only...

Just like everybody elses ti frames they were made in the Sandvik factory! If anyones feeling in 'librarian mode' there was a review in a 1996 issue of MTB Pro (against a rigid Klein if I remeber correctly) & also BIKE mag. I think KBs might have even gone as far as saying the gussetts are largely unecessarry!

KB pioneered 'suspension corrected geometry' back in the early 90s, and for sometime two varients of the same frame were made. However I think by the mid 90s it was pretty much a given that sus was going to be used and this option was phased out (not 100% sure of this tho')...

Who cares where it was made.

Still very very nice.

Any idea what issue of MTB Pro the review was in? I've got most issues stashed in the loft, I'll try and scan it in.

I should think that would be possible Mr Scum...although you must promise not to disappear off down some super obscure Leigh Woods singletrack never to be seen again in a Robin Hood stylee!
I think you may have already met my mate Chris who rides a black bonty, and is also usually wears a very tatty Bonty jersey.

Not of the top of my head, (although, I could probably type out a some of the highlight from memory I read it that many times back in the day) will look it up this evening.

Another good one is where the YoEddy is tested against the Racelight!

tangent":2j1nb97m said:
Another good one is where the YoEddy is tested against the Racelight!

Now we're talking. I'll see what I can dig out over the next few days.

If you lot are in Bristle, let's meet up and do beer soon. Good pubs for guarding the bikes are The Shakespeare, Cottage and ( in Abbotts Leigh ) the George. Whaddya say?

Yeah, a beer sometime sounds good...I'll not be leaving me Bonty chained up outside tho!!!

I've moved back out into Somerset now...when I was living in Bristol many Leigwoods rides seemed to involve resting for longer than was wise at the Miners Rest above Long Ashton.

Mtb Pro reviews

Both excellent issues!

March 1994 reviews has a Yo Eddy v Racelite review

according the review the bonty is:
"a pretty good deal for the techno wizards" !?!

Also a review of the PACE RC35mk2s , and new column starts dedicated to retro kit...

2 years later the June 1996 issues has a Klein Ardroit v Bonty Ti Lite review , and elsewhere a quick test of FAT Chance Buckshaver

Bizarrely both mags feature Steve Worland on the front cover in almost identical poses!

Re: Mtb Pro reviews

tangent":31esrfit said:
2 years later the June 1996 issues has a Klein Ardroit v Bonty Ti Lite review , and elsewhere a quick test of FAT Chance Buckshaver

I've found that issue. Will scan the article at some point. Not sure as I have the earlier issue with the Yo vs Racelite review.

Bonty forks

Thinking about rennovating my old steel bonty.
Rock Shox had a special (black) crown fitted with a different geometry. Am not to bothered about going back to 48mm of air sprung oil damped flexibility, but would like to keep the angles and shape. So am wondering about getting some rigid fork legs made up, (not having been able to find any 'real' bonty forks)

Has anybody had any experiecne of such a modification, or know of some alternatives I could use?

Attachments

• MAG21a.JPG
    MAG21a.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 3,806

Latest posts

Back