Nightride: 21st of October

Looks like a pretty potent light you've got yourself there kaiser.

What's the suggested start time, if it's pre 7pm I'll need to get a half day in. Is anyone thinking of staying over for a morning run? I might be up for braving a night in the tent or a cheap local hostelry for another run whilst I'm down there.

so to avoid the usual macretro confusion , what car park are we meeting at ?

Kaiser that is the same as the deal extreme one but mine is only listed at 1300 - looks like your's will come a bit faster than mine, still no dispatch note as yet :(

I'll not have any lights with scary high lumen counts. But as rolling at little more than walking pace all I need is sufficient light to stay on the trail.

As for car park, might I suggest the Squirrel one, the small one just up from the start of the trail head as thats the one usually favoured by the night riders as the larger car parks are often shut off for the night ;)

gmac123":asa69hok said:
Looks like a pretty potent light you've got yourself there kaiser.

What's the suggested start time, if it's pre 7pm I'll need to get a half day in. Is anyone thinking of staying over for a morning run? I might be up for braving a night in the tent or a cheap local hostelry for another run whilst I'm down there.

gmac, anytime thats suits the majority,if everyone could suggest a possible time for themselves that would be smashing 7ish is good for me but I wouldn't want to exclude anyone because of half an hour or so. There is the option of meeting further up the hill if you think you would be late.

BTW if you wanted to stay or anyone else I'll bet the huts are available?

mikee":asa69hok said:
so to avoid the usual macretro confusion , what car park are we meeting at ?

Squirrel sounds good to me, with a slightly later option at the next carpark?

The Ken":asa69hok said:
Kaiser that is the same as the deal extreme one but mine is only listed at 1300 - looks like your's will come a bit faster than mine, still no dispatch note as yet :(

TK it took hours scouring DX and Ebay, and I wouldnae trust the Lumen count too much. XML LED was a good prompt though.

velomaniac":asa69hok said:
I'll not have any lights with scary high lumen counts. But as rolling at little more than walking pace all I need is sufficient light to stay on the trail.

As for car park, might I suggest the Squirrel one, the small one just up from the start of the trail head as thats the one usually favoured by the night riders as the larger car parks are often shut off for the night ;)

Squirrel it is then. :D

I followed someone else's link for the xml version, I couldn't find it myself on dx, think it linked to the American site as opposed to the euro one, didn't stop me buying it though.

I'm hoping to make this, not heard any more about the xizang meet and I seem to be the only one interested. :?

me an mate from work will prob leave edinburgh 5ish so should be there 6-6.30ish.

which one is the squirrel - when doing a day run we start at the one at or just below the cafe - take it the squirrel is the one next to the the jump park just up the hill a bit?

Squirrel is the wee carpark beside the toilets that are in the small cabin as you climb up the road from the cafe. The carpark just around the corner from the start of the blue climb near the bottom of the hill.

Squirrel is NOT the Buzzards Nest carpark which is the upper carpark. If you go there you'll need to hang around untill we get there and seeing as we're MacRetro you could be hanging around for a while :LOL:

cheers Rob/Velo. never noticed the names o the carparks, usually too busy breathing oot ma arse by that time to notice lol.

Back