100.1 KB · Views: 1,193
  • fat6.jpg
    fat6.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,193
  • fat5.jpg
    fat5.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,193
Nice

Get a move on the suspense is killin me!
Never seen a chance in White!

TC

Urm...WOW!!!

I think want Fat now!!!

Looking forward to seeing her all built up mate :)

Rich

a little update :D

today i fitted the headset, fork crown and stem, bar, seatpost etc.

but the rear brake i am slightly concerned about the peg doesn't seem to go right into the hole that the spring tensions against on the brake boss.

the forks will be in one piece on friday if things go to plan, the hubs are on the way from the USA, but i might use a different set in the mean time, we'll see! :)

anyway, here's some pics, including one of the brakes.

Attachments

• buck1.jpg
    buck1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,102
  • buck2.jpg
    buck2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,102
  • buck3.jpg
    buck3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,102
This is going to be ace , Also loving the VHS return of the Jedi !! :cool:

Is that my old Buck Shaver frame, that I sold to Northern Dave? Crikey.

That frame's done 1000s of miles - at least half a dozen complete South Downs Ways. I'm so pleased (and a bit jealous) to see what you've done with it. These frames were set up around an 80mm fork, though I ran it with 120mm Manitou for a while and it was fine.

There are only two frames I regret selling - this one and my old Yeti FRO. I think that this being one of the last Fat Chance frames may even have been Serotta built.

Only problem - looks too nice to use now.

Rich

yeah, this came from dave, don't worry though it'll get used! :D the paint wasn't completely dead but it had some spidery lines developing under it and as you'd expect it had some chips etc in it, then when i noticed the forks were leaking i decided that if i was gonna paint it then that was the best time. the forks are gonna be done on friday or saturday then i should beable to get the guts of it finished. :D

Back