1995-1996 Merlin XLM - a quick update, small changes

i'm going to start off by using a black triple butted P2, which i've tacked on, and it does look good (P2s look good on EVERYTHING)

in time it may be a Pace RC31, a Ti rigid, or maybe a (black) SID

cce":e5ssdub8 said:
i'm going to start off by using a black triple butted P2, which i've tacked on, and it does look good (P2s look good on EVERYTHING)

I think Merlins look good with (what some people class as) middle of the range stuff. I always get the feeling they are bought by folk who really want to ride them, rather than just a show-off bike. They obviously can justify boutique kit on them but put P2's, an XT groupset and some reasonable finishing kit on them and it still works well for me.

Rob Atkin":1ojlosbv said:
cce":1ojlosbv said:

I think Merlins look good with (what some people class as) middle of the range stuff. I always get the feeling they are bought by folk who really want to ride them, rather than just a show-off bike. They obviously can justify boutique kit on them but put P2's, an XT groupset and some reasonable finishing kit on them and it still works well for me.

this is really me all over - i run 950XTR because it's light, it works, and it lasts

AWESOME! I'm going to pay attention to this build, too... I don't know... Merlins have always just pushed all the right buttons for me. :D

Congrats, anyways!

a very quick photo of a very loose tack build with a wrong-sized syncros seatpost

i dont think the P2 looks out of place...

if anyone has a black 27.2 syncros or similar quality they'd like to trade for a black 27.0 syncros 425mm in 6.5-7/10 condition, please let me know! i've borrowed a raceface XY so i can go riding for now, but it's hideous!

IMAG0168.jpg

Looks very nice Kier :cool:

The question has to be "to canti or not to canti" ? I spy a canti gudie :cool:

Look forward to seeing it in action and at the weigh in of course ;)

Back