Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alan

• Gitane

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, that is also a view :LOL:

Retrobike allows people to express what they think. If we hadn't prefered that we would have chosen for a 'poll only' option. Of course there are certain things people have to stick to, all with the aim that the community can sustain the long run. Personally I don't think that what CdM has expressed went beyond what is acceptable. Personally I enjoy reading his comments. Not that I agree with all of them. I have my own views, but I am bit lame or lazy in sharing them sometimes. You apparently aren't Spokesman, as your post leaves no much doubt about that.

I have one special mention though and it concerns the pic quality. Some candidates want to eliminate their chances by sending in mediocre (at the best) pics. Even among the most promising pics I find entries photographed with a blanket sheet as background. If I would spend effort on getting my bike, camera and uploading pics afterwards, I would make sure I would at least find a decent background, so all pics are not of questionable quality in the end. That is no smart use of my time ...and it is of course it is a disgrace for the highly regarded around the globe competition the rBOTM is.

I vote for the Klein, but then again I am biased!

Whilst I disagree with the right honourable gentleman saying that it is not a retro bike, i will fight to the death his right to say it!

Also I will scoff at his saying that the Alan is the bike that is the middle ground between retro and modern and that other companies followed their lead... Scoff scoff. That is the very definition of Klein! That is why the 1990's era Kleins look so modern and out of place to you, because Klein was bringing new ideas and designs to the table. The quality of his work was un matched. My 1996 Klein is lighter than most modern full carbon race bikes, is still stiffer and handles amazingly because it has a modern race geometry. It is hard to project the awe they bestow!

I still also think it'll be nice to see it have a set of 50mm deep carbon rims!

Good to see the contest generating a little debate. Anyhow poll ends at 23:59 tonight, get those votes in :D

dbmtb":2fpkjmfo said:
OMG another predictable mass vote from the Klein fanbase.

Yawn.

+1

I was just about to vote for the Alan and then I saw the seat angle and it put me off. ;-)

Looked at all the bikes again, and I was drawn time and again to the Flying Scot. It's just so beautiful, it's perfect.

I like every bike this month, they are all very nice, however IMO two entries are extraordinary. The Marastoni for it's age, rarity and originality, and The Alan because it's the best one I have ever seen, a beauty.
I too find it impossible to consider any bike produced after the 1980's as classic/retro/vintage.

madmax":3rpt2514 said:
I like every bike this month, they are all very nice, however IMO two entries are extraordinary. The Marastoni for it's age, rarity and originality, and The Alan because it's the best one I have ever seen, a beauty.
I too find it impossible to consider any bike produced after the 1980's as classic/retro/vintage.

I don't believe the year of production is at issue here but rather the character of the bike. The Klein is imminently collectible and I fully understand those who support the brand, however, when the bike is set up in such a way that you can directly install all present day components without any modifications or adjustments and cannot install components from 30 years ago without making adjustments, I believe the bike to be modern and not retro. In the case in point there is then the fact that the components are virtually all newer than the frame which would make me believe that the owner does not himself/herself think that the bike is retro.

Victory goes to the Klein and there are two very good runners up: the Alan and the Flying Scott, only seperated by one vote.

Congrats Dancingjack :D

ok, maybe spokesman could have written more diplomatically, but CdM's post smacks of a real "chip on shoulder" attitude cos he wasnt winning the poll. Every bike but his has failings or shouldnt be there and his is REALLY special. Theyre all special. For me the klein doesnt do it, but its a great machine. The Alan is spot on and tugs on a sentimentality nerve cos it was around for my bit of "back in the day"

Latest posts

Back