Dmr trailstar 1998 blue dirt spec

mine also starts with st9901.. i don't have a picture of the frame number with me and right now i'm quite far away from the frame.
But from what you are writing i can tell that mine is either 98,99 or 2000 since i have disc mounts and the non-aps canti-mounts.
Do you by any chance know if the frame can handle a 130 mm fork?

Yeah 5" is about the limit as long as your not being silly with it , I haven't heard of anyone popping a headtube off one but the later ones started to get fugly gussets . These frames were made like bmx at the time when bmx was still pretty core and bikes were like tanks :LOL:

They can take it .

The geometry is only around half a degree different to all those long travel xc frames that are knocking about now . Cotic , genesis etc .

Like the ones here , yours sounds early but not the earliest . The ones I prefer .

yes good to see you back!!!

im very very impressed with this

the more trailstars i see, the more they grow on me :twisted: i dont ride hardtail though :LOL: :twisted:

Ah nice one! What is it you like about the early ones? compared to TS2's and other revisions?

Glad you're still around, someones gotta be interested in my experiments! :LOL:

Yep I've joined the club too, heard so much goodness about DMR I now have 3 frames and a SS frame on the way. eek So I'm sure about accident more craziness and lateral mad ideas ran away but the same things are happening in my mash up room. :idea:

That's the one I had all those years ago , it's still plentiful and last time I looked was cheap . Unless you guys have bumped up the prices :LOL:

Ah, I've read your comments now. yep all 3 of mine have "fugly Gussets" and the one I'm keeping has geared dropouts! but I'm sure you'll appreciate it.

I was watching/enquiring (while buying mine) what I think was a red early one, BMX BB, horizontals... they will be a fair bit heavier I guess, PG tubing but I guess you say they are tough though. Hmm experiments experiments!!! :LOL:

Thats my yellow trailstar!!

I have a stalker lol

as far as i know there was only 2 yellow ever made and they were intended as demo frames but found their way into a couple of shops.

i worked in a bike shop many years back and this bad boy was collecting dust on the wall, so i snapped it up.

its a very very very early trailstar, US bb cups horizontal dropouts. only option at the time.

its had many a make over in its days, ive had it about 11 years now.

got some z1 bams to go on soon so watch this space.

Just wanted to say that's the nicest Trailstar I've ever seen. If it was built by accident, I hope you preserve it by accident too ;).

Back