BMX help

bm0p700f

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I am far more used to fixing road bikes and MTB's of all flavours. BMX's are something I have never had.

I have one to rebuild. It came incomplete. The bit I am not sure on is the insert pictured below that has to go inside the head tube. The steerertube fits though this. The thing that I don't get is there is a cable hole in this insert. Is this some kind of detangler or does it have another function? It does have a sliding collar. Should the rear brake cable for V's pass though the holes in this insert and if so then should the cable pass then through the smaller lower hole in the frame. I always thought detanglers took split cables and sat on the outside. What is the big hole in the frame (pictured) for? This one has me a bit confused.

Here are some pics. I hope someone can shine some light on this. No idea what the frame is.
P1010016.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Hi there and welcome in ;)

Kev-s is your best man for this - give him a pm and see what he knows

look for his name in one of the threads

cheers B ;)

that is a internal gyro, they were a khe design and werent around for very long iirc 2001-2002

i have no idea how it all goes together but do a search on google and you should find all u need to know

Can't find anything on cable routing. That big hole must have a plug or something to fill it surely.

Small hole under big hole - small hole has a cable/wire into the bottom half and a cable through the bigger hole for the top half - just the same a outer one but internal ?

Well I have sourced the cables. I am hoping when these arrive it will be obvious how it all works.

Latest posts

Back