97 Kona Kilauea - Gulf Colours

Thats a fantastic looking bike I love it!

Is that Thompson layback a 27.0? I thought only the straight ones came in that size :?:

mikesnowdon":3f0b9y1t said:
Is that Thompson layback a 27.0? I thought only the straight ones came in that size :?:

This frame is 27.2 , A 27.0 was too loose, the Kona seatpost size dilema will go on forever :LOL:

Gravy Monster":10xfpg76 said:
mikesnowdon":10xfpg76 said:

This frame is 27.2 , A 27.0 was too loose, the Kona seatpost size dilema will go on forever :LOL:

Ha Ha yeah! Well I m pleased the layback looks as good as I thought it would when I was building my Kona. I had to get a straight one in the end.

You bike looks awesome :cool:

Chain rings arrived and have been fitted, the originals were slightly worn and thanks to a chainreaction £10 voucher from Lookback :cool: I opted for some of middleburns finest round jobbies in grey :)

011-12.jpg

012-10.jpg

I absolutely love this bike but I have just one criticism from a personal point of view;

The saddle doesn't quite cut it...

What you want is the Annivesary Flite - it would be a perfect match for the paint (I had to tone mine down with black boot polish :roll: )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selle-Italia- ... 4cf5043689

IMHO that would be gilding the lily... :cool:

Middleburn rings inspired choice BTW (but please stand that front brake noodle up!)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back