1999 Orange Patriot - caution jammy b'stard content

As far as I know Hope still do personalised rotors. When you Google it the link does not work but if you click on the cached link on Google it says it is a snapshot from 12 Sept 2011 so try firing them an email with what you need and I'm sure that will be the best option you have.

Dickyboy":20mebp04 said:
I know the XTR m965 calipers are different front & back & if you put a front caliper on a rear IS frame it will suit a 140mm rotor.

I think this might be as simple as using a front adaptor for IS forks to post mount caliper for 160 rotor - but use it on the rear instead :) fingers crossed

i run a front M965 caliper on the back of my FSR with a 160 disc and no adapter.

i run a front M965 caliper on the back of my FSR with a 160 disc and no adapter

Are you absolutely sure? Because I run a rear m965 caliper on the back of my Rocky Mountain with a 160 disc & no adaptor... so one of us must be wrong.

Anyway moving on, anybody got a post to post 185mm adaptor - turns ou the front disc is 185mm :evil: also will it matter that new calipers don't have the same swept depth as old ones? Old calipers & pads are alot wider than new ones so new ones will only operate on a reduced width of disc (all of pad still falls on disc). Cheers

bought it from CRC in one of there water damage sale.
both calipers on the front & rear are identicle, front and rear both running 160 discs.

front & rear m965 calipers are different - I am running two rear calipers with 180 disc up front & 160 disc at back & no adaptors - check on the wheelside of the calipers & one will be marked F & one will be marked R ;)

Back