Neon Pink 1991 Haro Extreme - FINISHED P6

Decided to go for as many black bits around the frame as possible. really set off the awesome paint. So I will be ordering black anodised bottle and rack bolts, black brake hangers. I think Goodridge cables come in a black colour so I'll try some of them. Just wondering if I can get a black straddle wire - could make one from a black brake cable I suppose.

I wonder if Odyssey Straddle rods would work?

I recognise that back wheel! :D

Nice project... but don't let it distaract you from the Borrego!

Test fitted some of the bits today...

U-brake now on, waiting for some black/pink Jagwire pads to put on it.

Black anodised bolts to put all over the frame ordered along with a big bulk order to sell on here. ;) Ordered black anodised ali washers to go under them to. :LOL:

Still not sure about pink grips - then Planet X advertise them at £6 so really tempted now. :roll:

XT thumbies to go on this one - so it'll have XT front and rear brakes, brake levers and shifters. Seems a shame the mechs are LX but they work well so difficult to justify spending loads on XT mechs. Chainset is DX.

Don't want to put silver cables on it - Goodridge sell black inner cables which would look better against the pink but again, it's hard to spend the cash when you already have the cables..

This bike is gonna be really sweet to ride, I can just tell even now!!

Aaaah yes they look very nice. However I think if I did go for pink cables the cheaper brighter looking the better to match the frame! I don't think you understand how neon this frame is.... I think black outer and inner cables would set the frame colour off perfectly.

My finger is hovering over the "buy" button for some pink Oury grips.....

Hey its coming along nicely, great to see it in a new build, fresh, almost another frame! Keep up the good work, Colour I was never sure, isn't it meant to be red? but I had it down as neon orangey pink! Grip wise I have red Yeti grips.

looks ace so far rob
wish i'd bought it ages ago when it was first up for sale

mikee":dy9hnip5 said:
looks ace so far rob
wish i'd bought it ages ago when it was first up for sale

Yeah I felt the same. I was in the middle of my Tequesta build when it sold in the spring so couldn't get it. When it came up again I snapped it up instantly!!! It looks fantastic in real life.

Just got the essential missing pieces through the post just now....

Back