collecting on a budget

thanks for the comments,
and roadking i understand now,and you probably are a nice bloke!
i class myself as a 48 year old,old git,and im quite happy to collect
grey porridge.
i had an allegro and many minis and other british leyland cars,all VERY MUCH grey although fun
Just like my bikes

my ex boss had a 500e, if i remember rightly (high performance version of the w124) it was part built by Porche with a 5.0 V8 engine
and was definately not grey! a wolf in sheeps clothing

on another note im hoping to restore my unknown racer,who somebody thinks is a Raleigh built in Carltons factory in Worksop

My Raleigh The Winner and Wisp will have to go to fund my projects,C'est la vie

Happy Cycling :D

Group hug!

Roadking, your honesty is refreshing, and my faith in the good-blokedom of this forum is restored! :D

Can you believe my first car was an Allegro? I loved it dearly but never was there a greyer porridge if I'm honest!

My first bike was a Triumph Palm Beach. I wanted a drop handlebar bike but my Mum wouldn't let me as she said it would make me round-shouldered! It didn't take long for it to sport a pair of drops!

My first company car was an Allegro. It ate front wheel bearings. But it would go where Cortinas etc. wouldn't when it was snowing!

johntomjoe":23hl8soj said:
my ex boss had a 500e, if i remember rightly (high performance version of the w124) it was part built by Porche with a 5.0 V8 engine and was definately not grey! a wolf in sheeps clothing :D

Correct, the 500E was a collaboration with Porsche, it was largely handbuilt by them.

Left hand drive only.

I also had a Morris Ital once, a 1.3 auto in biege with a brown vinyl roof(true), had a year out from university - it was my company car.

I'll put a post up of my first bike tomorrow!

Roadking.

Back