Neon Pink 1991 Haro Extreme - FINISHED P6

Don't get me wrong - the flat bars will be put on first and every option tried with the stem. No bar ends either which will help with the width.
I badly damaged 3 vertebrae in my neck a few years ago so I have to be careful.

Rob Atkin":eeryk736 said:
72165acc.jpg

That looks waaaay better than in the for sale thread I found. Proper nice that is mate. :)

Have to say I've always liked them myself; and my daughter bought herself one when she got into hacking round Thetford on a Sunday morning, before I built her a Lavadome...

...cool bike :cool:

Rob Atkin":yxsqzlz5 said:
I badly damaged 3 vertebrae in my neck a few years ago so I have to be careful.

I understand! This puts the whole "flat bars rule" thing in perspective...

Last night I snatched a bit of time to put some bits on.
I know the last 2 owners of this frame and I thought it had been built up before but I am struggling to find any evidence of it, let alone being ridden. Sold to me in very good condition but it could have been described as NOS, bar a couple of chips in the paint.

Took 20 minutes of filing to get the seat tube smooth enough to slide a post in without it destroying the anodising. Nice and smooth now.

Took a few bits off the GT to put on this bike. In the absence of a catalogue spec I am struggling to find out what should be on it BUT I think it should have Deore LX throughout. Thankfully that's what I have!!

I think the original brakes were silver shimano affairs but I have a black M734 super low pro front Canti and a XT U-brake on the way, which will look better on the PINK and chrome.

Black seatpost/bars/stem and Flite - well you have to to!

Big question is - stick with black cables OR go for neon pink with pink Oury grips?? Hmmm.

Spencer13, who I met on the Peaks ride, and moaned about 26.4mm seatposts with, did me an ace deal on a XT U-Brake.

It arrived today and I thought "this box is very big and heavy". He said there was a little surprise for me as well as the brake but I was thinking along the lines of a Mars Bar or something (which I would have been chuffed with!).

However, I wasn't expecting this!!

511ec790.jpg

It's ace because I missed out on the brew he did for the Peaks ride as I was driving. I will fit the brake before I drink the beer though.... ;-)

Nice grog, nice bike too and though I def would have never guessed it have not lost interest. Looking forward to this build, black cables if it were me but with the pink grips? :D

Put a couple more bits on it and took it outside for some photos.
Annoying as all the photos make it look orange - in the metal it is very very neon pink!!

Whole bike
363c2c36.jpg

Lovely chrome Tange forks look good with the black brake and silver rims and hub.
711e8b85.jpg

6609e55f.jpg

I always think silver chainsets look the best:
e2e4e30b.jpg

Doesn't get any better than this - neon, elevated, u-brake, skinwall. :-D
49ba3226.jpg

Not sure if the Flite Ti is the best choice, but a Flite never looks bad!! Black seatpost and X-Lite Camlock seatpost QR.
3969bf62.jpg

I am loving this bike more and more every day. It's gonna look mint when it's finished. NOS Haro WingStrut bar and stem on the way.

Still wondering about the grips - pink or black?

Back