Vista vs XP

Apple Mac for me. :D use MS all day at work :twisted: :twisted:
I couldn't go home to a computer. If using MS as well. It would feel like being at work 24/7 :x
Plus Mac so much easier to use. As i'm tech inept. Their not perfect but like every thing designed by human beings its only as good as the human race :shock:

XP at work (were not upgrading at work yet due to complexities with software compatabillity etc)

Vista on my home desktop (essentially used for working from home & mainly games)

Apple Ibook for lounging around browsing/ managing my music on.

out of the lot OSx on the apple is by far the "nicest" to use.

XP SP2 for me.
It been said that even with the upcoming bug-fixing SP1 for Vista, it's still slower than the XP.

mattbrown":1s1upsnd said:
or try linux, if you dare

I did, ten years ago this year... and have been blissfully MS free ever since :)

Still, if other unfortunates wish to suffer, that's their business... I don't mind, I get paid to fix people's IT messes no matter which OS they run ;-)

I love Linux but it's just still a bit too fiddly for non-techies like me. Things just don't work out of the box, you have to get plug-ins for this, add-ins for that and then try to install them...

I'd love to stay with Linux but just don't have the patience.

need an MS OS unfortunately, due to the software I have to used for uni, Solidworks, 3DS Max

should have realised when the uni fitted a couple of labs out with new PCs over the summer, they stuck with XP

When i bought my laptop it had Vista on it. Other than the different layout of office, i didn't have any problems with it. I have upgraded the ram to 2gig, but given that was only £30 i'd have done it anyway.
When i built the desktop i went for quadcore, so needed a 64bit system, seemed pointless going for XP, so bought Vista.
The only problems i've encountered are hp are too lazy to create vista drivers for my old scanner and itunes doesn't work properly with 64 bit os (inc XP64)
I know theres been posts about how bad Vista is, but i have no real problems with it.

amt27":10hi2yto said:
need an MS OS unfortunately, due to the software I have to used for uni, Solidworks, 3DS Max

should have realised when the uni fitted a couple of labs out with new PCs over the summer, they stuck with XP

Ooh a fellow Solidworks user, hi :)

Back