1997 Scott Tampico (I Think)

mudcow007

Dirt Disciple
afternoon all

i've had my Scott from new. I'm pretty sure its from 1997 or 1996 an is still going strong

originally it had Rock Shox Indy S forks - someone might be able to date it from them!

It's recently its had a overhaul. new everything besides bars, stem an forks

here's a pic of her in Wales before her recent transformation

08062007185.jpg

cheers guys!

i get sentimental an don't really throwing old bikes away, especially ones where you have memories of.

My Scott has been all around the country with me on family holidays an things so there is no way i could get rid of it...

is it common to name your bikes too? My Scott is called "Lynyrd"

merckx":20b4k0so said:
mudcow as in cairns mtb club? great picture on the road....very atmospheric!

yep, sad i know but i remember watching the "Mudcows" videos back in the 90's and being amazed so have used the "Mudcows" name ever since

good spot ;) not many people know where the names from

thanks, the road is called ysbyty Ifan near coed y Brenin in Welsh Wales

i grew up in cairns, and started riding at the time glenn and the boys started making the films. never a cow myself, but knew tyem all well and rode together often. pretty funny times back then.

ahh fantastic!

i think the "cow" videos were what really got me into single track an free ride and to be honest just messing about on bikes...so if you still see the boys tell them thanks off me!

thats cool that they influenced you that way, it was certainly one of their main objectives of making the films. lots of mucking around in cairns...lots of silly stuff :LOL:

i really like this sequence, set to an aussie death metal band track no less. john dalozzo in the purple helmet, rodney in the ute talking about his fictional farm with glenn jacobs..and michael ronning, just as he was making his foray into the norba and world cup dh scene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFezHu9QaQQ

i've had my Scott from new. I'm pretty sure its from 1997 or 1996
I'm preety sure it's model from 1998 :)
Painting scheme, frame material (it's looking like an aluminium, 1996 and 1997 Tampicos were cro-moly) shows it have to be 1998 ;)

BTW - is it a Z3 light at the front?

Back