Saddle Support, bit of a long shot!..

Some Guy

Retro Guru
Any one got a saddle support for sale, or trade?

The bar that connects the nose of a saddle to the top tube.

Bit of a long shot, but looking any way!

Borrowed this pic from Classic Lightweights.
r8sg8z.jpg

They used them on old track bikes, I fancied one for my 1950 Cyclone.
As much because because it's a period accessory AND it should slow down the magpies when my bike is parked up in the street..

It connects to the top tube and nose of the saddle. I've seen one on ebay a while ago, but didn't have a suitable bike at the time.

you havin a go at motorpaced racing then? they were used by "stayers" riding behind the big motors

Some Guy":2tfo169i said:
because it's a period accessory AND it should slow down the magpies when my bike is parked up in the street

No competion use planned for it, although I may take it to Herne Hill one day.

I also have a mountain bike that's never been up a mountain. A post mans bike, although I'm not a postman. An a touring bike that I have no intention of touring on.

Just different bikes that I enjoy using and appreciating the differences between them :)

Do you have a seat support for sale or trade?

I don't know that he was trolling, it's just quite a specific piece of it..

Will you be turning your forks backwards aswell? ;)

;) There are a few track bikes on Classic Lightweights with them, or brazed fittings for fitting them. Which don't have reversed forks.

I guess it's just the latest fad to poke at anything fixed gear these days?.. :roll:

Some Guy":3uul7fq7 said:
;) There are a few track bikes on Classic Lightweights with them, or brazed fittings for fitting them. Which don't have reversed forks.

I guess it's just the latest fad to poke at anything fixed gear these days?.. :roll:

Quite easily offended aren't you? I ride fixed gear myself so don't feel asif you are being persecuted. I was merely echoing the sentiment of the other guy that there is no practical use for these out of providing extra stiffness for motor paced racing. I don't think they would work as a theft deterrent either.

But if you are building up some sort of 1950's stayer sure everyone would love to see pics and help you out..

Good luck

Latest posts

Back