Nightride: 21st of October

dya want me to bring a fire extinguisher zz
be a shame to burn GT down on such an illustrious anniversary

ohh the irony

i got another 1 or 2 possibly from my work wanting to come along.

boys are suggesting maybe best to do the blue route as our first taste of night time at GT. Red a bit sketchy in places in the dark. each to their own though.

Mix'n'match is best bet, spooky is very open and motorway wide in sections so a slower dark induced speeds should be do-able ;)

If you can detect where you are with bat style echo location or have zen like powers of perception then nae lights would be sufficient. Otherwise try and kit yourself out like Blackpool Illuminations :LOL:

There are a few options for lights! Torches work wonders for a budget and the ebay lights are proving to be not too bad. Then theres the budget 900 lumen chap. I think ZZ has one.

I have something like this

UNIVERSAL-NYLON-RUBBER-TORCH-MOUNT-PRO.jpg

which I strap to my helmet with a torch mounted. I also have a 900 lumen torch on the bars and another of the ebay 5Watt ones. For GT I'll probably go double 900 lumen torches or splash out for type ZZ has.

Oodles of the 5 watt ones on my bike and helmet should get me around at cowardly snails pace which is what I'll be doing even with a searchlight equipped bike :LOL:

this is the budget light of choice this year... £20 inc rechargable batteries - mate just got one and besides the annoying 7 flash modes it is really good, needs a better mount for off road though but does fit in the ebay £5 light mounts from last year.

He did need to tighten the switch at the back to stop it randomly jumping to flash mode on bumps and one of the rechargables was a bit duff. he gets 10 hours from one charge and it has a Cree XML bulb.

I might go for the bike specific DX XML lamp from deal extreme ...
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-assault ... -set-82508

In fact in a moment of madness as it was pay day I've just ordered one.

Back