1997 GT Xizang 10/10/2011

the-fast-show_001745_1_MainPicture.jpg

The forks that are currently on it are lovely in their own right, but in my opinion, a set of 96-97 Judy SLs would set it off perfectly.

Barneyballbags":2g4vbbd2 said:
The forks that are currently on it are lovely in their own right, but in my opinion, a set of 96-97 Judy SLs would set it off perfectly.

completely agree.... i am on the lookout for a pair at the moment, but nothing's come up yet :?

SEANSTEPHENS":37h5zjzv said:
agree.... i am on the lookout for a pair at the moment, but nothing's come up yet :?

Some will turn up eventually :)

In the meantime, it's not as if you don't have a lovely bike to ride around on while you wait ;)

Barneyballbags":3lh5ig7b said:
SEANSTEPHENS":3lh5ig7b said:
agree.... i am on the lookout for a pair at the moment, but nothing's come up yet :?

Some will turn up eventually :)

In the meantime, it's not as if you don't have a lovely bike to ride around on while you wait ;)

True, the bike once had SL's on it so i already know how they will look, but unfortunately the internals on these were knacked :?

Fortunately, Judys are one of the easier forks to source internals for, and they're easy to rebuild too.

I'd look for a set of cosmetically good forks and not worry too much about the condition of the internals. You can rebuild them as and when time (and money!) allows :)

Barneyballbags":20ol186g said:
Fortunately, Judys are one of the easier forks to source internals for, and they're easy to rebuild too.

I'd look for a set of cosmetically good forks and not worry too much about the condition of the internals. You can rebuild them as and when time (and money!) allows :)

cheers, thats useful to know :cool: the cosmetics of my old ones let the bike down as well, so i sold 'em for spares... they were worth 20 quid to somebody!!

paint was ok to be fair, however somebody had removed the graphics using coarse sandpaper :roll: :LOL: so they were quite bad on the sides... these didnt stay on my bike for long, a week tops!!

Attachments

• judy sl.jpg
    judy sl.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,230
Great effort, looks nice with the blue finish.

If you do (very sensibly) change the forks I am very interested in the RC30s!

Back