Le Jeune Dirt Buster (Neon-ness a la Francais!!)

Bike Hoarder

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Welcome to the recent addition to my stable (picked up 2 hours ago - just round the corner....).

It was advertised in my local shop, along with the 2nd hand sofas and fridge freezers. A tiny pic gave the game away on the era - fluro paint job, early geometry, shimano group (although i couldn't tell what) - the asking price was worth a look.

The seller says that it was built for her in France (Le Jeune is a cycle shop and an old roadie rider from the 60's/70's? Anyone shed any more light?). She then emigrated to South Africa, where it has seen a fair bit of use, but always got washed down - bet they don't see mud like us though! And then turns up on the door of the Quantocks.

Spec is Oria Tubi tubing (Italian made tubeset, similar to Reynolds - just not as recognised), full Deore LX group, Mavic Oxygen M6 rims, DX headset and basic period finishing kit.

It's in great condition, considering the age, and the miles it has done (on it's wheels and in a shipping container!). Take a look at the pics..

DSCF3207 by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

DSCF3198 by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

More detailed pics are here;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62385612@N06/sets/72157627616458085/

Thanks guys....

Saddle is surprisingly comfortable, original owner had a gel saddle cover on it as well!!

I bought it thinking that it was too small - but it's slightly over a 17" and almost right. The saddle height in the pictures is actually slightly too high for me (am i shrinking?) :shock: front end is very low though.

The seller threw in her old helmet (really retro - will post some pics in the rider's kit section), and the original toe clips and straps - sadly not Mt Christophe........

Gonna change the tyres and give it a few tweaks - then give it a blast over the hills - reckon it deserves it. ;)

DSCF2934 by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

Ridden!!!! ;)

Changed the tyres to some Michelin Wildgripper Country (keeping it Francais!), and fitted on the OE toe clips. Is super quick up the hills, and copes with the rough singletrack of the Quantocks admirably. Bloody brakes are awful!!! :roll:

Back