1992 Orange Aluminium O. Finished again! Which tyres???

Frame powder coated and decal'ed up!

Decals's arrived this morning from boy"O"boy. Thanks very much Ben.

Dropped everything and stuck em on after cleaning with IPA first and measuring twice etc. Anyway check out the results. Really pleased!

From this

bikejuly11001.jpg

To this

eb156a19.jpg

Just need to sort forks out now.
Code:

Looks great :D - is the White pearlescent? Glad to help out with decals let me know if you need anymore.

That's going to look really good with those manitou 1's - black finishing kit, dark ano rims and amber walls?

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

I've just re-read this thread as the original sliver/grey 17" frame is hopefully going to arrive with me tomorrow - and I can't wait! :D :D

Reading the discussion on headtube length - the 21" frame has a longer headtube. How did the headtube on the 19" compare to the 17"?

Reason for asking is that I will be building this 17" frame with all the bits from my 19" AluO - including the RC35s. I'm thinking spacers will be the way to go if there's any difference?

that looks really good, and the orange colour in your decals are a lot lot brighter than mine..... :shock: :oops: :cry:

good job mate...!!!

I believe there is a difference in head tube length between a 19 and a 17. I had to use a spacer to get my manitou forks to fit. I think the 19 is about 17-20 mm longer.

If you need the spacer pm me.

Cheers.

Carge":3dsn414c said:
I've just re-read this thread as the original sliver/grey 17" frame is hopefully going to arrive with me tomorrow - and I can't wait! :D :D

Reading the discussion on headtube length - the 21" frame has a longer headtube. How did the headtube on the 19" compare to the 17"?

Reason for asking is that I will be building this 17" frame with all the bits from my 19" AluO - including the RC35s. I'm thinking spacers will be the way to go if there's any difference?

about 8 post's above your post
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 10#1248610

Thanks Fluff,
I'm not sure where that actually mention how long the 17" headtube is!
I can see that a 21" is 160mm - that a 19" is 120mm - BUT NOT the 17" :roll:

Gary,
Thank you sir - most kind of you. 17-20mm shorter - cheers!
If I can't find a suitable spacer - I might give you a shout :)

That's a very good point Carge :LOL:

For some reason I thought you knew the 17" and wanted to know the 19"... of course having a 19" yourself that was a bit of a daft thought.

But you'll be able to tell me soon and I can add that to the Wiki. assuming they didn't change between the four known styles of Aluminium-O's

Back