Cannondale super V700

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":1bm8ptap said:
Yea, lefty could work, but I just wouldn't be able to fully trust one myself (although I'm sure there fully tested!). Still, be nice to keep it all Cannondale specific products. Get some CODA cranks on there also; push the boat out........ :cool:
That DH rig looks horrible, the top tube brace looks such an afterthought :shock: Spoils a beautiful and original design.
Funny you should say that about the Lefty Jon a lot of people seem to not trust them but i have to say they were prob the best fork i have ever used.Have to admit when you first get on a Dale with one on it kind of freaks you out a bit :shock: but once you get used to it they are awesome.Coda cranks would look nice again something all Cannondale dealers would tell you to change straight away but never had a problem with them and just look fab :D .

I think that Dh Cannondale looks great. I remember this as the first mountainbike i saw with upside-down triple clamp forks. I think maby around 96 or so.
i have that fork laying around somewhere. (for a future retro Dh project) It sucks, but it looks cool.
Lefty`s on the other hand works great, it takes about 5 seckonds to get used to. They look a bit strange, but doesnt feel strange at all.

Chris.

Super Vee

The super V was always a trail bike not a DH rig and triples are a big no no. The Headshox were pretty bloody awful too, nothing but maintenance and creaks and bangs, if you ride the bike regularly, you've done the right thing with the single crown forks. A matching black Rock Shox set would probably look neater tho?

Much love for the Super-V.

Although, for retroness I prefer the carbon swingarm (or alloy!).

And it's got to be Viper Red, like my old V 700 Missy Giove Signature Edition. :cool:

JS1500":14p2ep7n said:
Much love for the Super-V.

Although, for retroness I prefer the carbon swingarm (or alloy!).

And it's got to be Viper Red, like my old V 700 Missy Giove Signature Edition. :cool:

viper red are like rocking horse s**t !!

might be a respray job for this in the future though....

Re: Super Vee

Wold Ranger":254rf1b3 said:
The super V was always a trail bike not a DH rig and triples are a big no no. The Headshox were pretty bloody awful too, nothing but maintenance and creaks and bangs, if you ride the bike regularly, you've done the right thing with the single crown forks. A matching black Rock Shox set would probably look neater tho?

I am intending to use this a a xc/trail bike and I'm glad someone else out there thinks the headshock was dodgy!
I have a set of black sids and a set of black powdercoated 98 judy sl too but neither of them are as good as the rst :? the rst are lighter and plusher than either of them, never seem to need servicing( whenever I take them apart theres no dirt and plenty of grease) plus they have a lovely machined crown (ill get some close-up pics) and besides that, I needed a bit of colour on the bike as this will be the first bike in over 10 years thats not going to have Magura racelines.... :shock:

XMO

Dya know the XMO was prob the best XC fork ever made, light as SIDs much stiffer and as you say virtually maintenance free! I remember my local bike shop selling them off at £90 a throw, they had been £300! I had a bright Marin Orange pair!
Didnt CD do the red ones with fluorescent green racelines on if I remember?

Re: XMO

Wold Ranger":1hnt5m7q said:
Dya know the XMO was prob the best XC fork ever made, light as SIDs much stiffer and as you say virtually maintenance free! I remember my local bike shop selling them off at £90 a throw, they had been £300! I had a bright Marin Orange pair!

Theyre like buying a skoda, bloody good and great value.....you just really want to take the sticker off though!

well here she is pretty much finished for now ( rideable anyway )

Spec as follows :-

Super V700 frame
RST xmo forks
tioga aheadset
Kona stem
titec enduro xc bars
yeti grips
stx rc 8 speed shifters
Deore levers
x-lite enduro bar ends
clarks cables
xt v brakes
front wheel:- mavic 217 on hope ti hub with swiss db stainless spokes
Back wheel :- mavic 521 on lx hub with black swiss db spokes
xt cassette
onza porc 2 tyres
lx chainset
xt bb
deore front mech
deore lx rear mech
use seatpost
lx spd pedals

(Sorry about the crap pic was just in a hurry before she went away again)

Attachments

• 26012008075 (Medium).jpg
    26012008075 (Medium).jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,080
Back