Neon Pink 1991 Haro Extreme - FINISHED P6

Rob Atkin":znekoh7s said:
Easier to work through what's been sold recently on this site!!

You see you shouldn't have said that. I'm a geek at heart and so 5 mins of searching and I know exactly what it is and I'm looking at a picture of it. Nice :)

I'd agree with mikee btw, and add an A

mikee":3iix06x6 said:
nice rob
like them , even tho they are supposed to be rubbish

Don't say that. :-(

Got an offer of the original (and ahead of it's time) bars and stem, in NOS condition too. :)

Rob Atkin":ljjid2u8 said:
mikee":ljjid2u8 said:
nice rob
like them , even tho they are supposed to be rubbish

Don't say that. :-(

Got an offer of the original (and ahead of it's time) bars and stem, in NOS condition too. :)

not me mate , one of our continental members had a dislike of them

the wiggly bars and o/s stem will make all the differance ,look forward to
seeing it

So I can now assume you all know (or have lost interest) that it's a Haro Extreme. 1991/2 - not sure. Only catalogue I can find would cost me £40 on eBay!!

I should have taken pics of the frame on it's own I suppose but I couldn't wait to build it up a little. Took a quick snap in the cellar (proper "cave", none of your cacky sheds!).

72165acc.jpg

All the kit off my Tequesta will be going on this, mostly. I have a NOS Haro Wing Strut bar and stem on the way. The stem itself is quite high rise - I need to get the controls a lot higher than on the GT. The Wing Strut stem was miles ahead of it's time as it has a 31.8mm clamp. BITD that would only work with the similarly sized Haro weird wiggly bars (shades of On-One Mary maybe?) so never took off. It may come in handy for me as I might have to put risers on - I'll have a decent choice of them with the larger clamp size!!

I know what you're thinking - risers, NOOO!!! My thinking is that:

1) it's better to set up a bike so it doesn't damage your spine
2) risers may match the BMX styling that's going on with this frame - couldn't get more BMX than Haro!!
3) the wider bars will make my descending faster!!

Anyway, what do you think?

Rob Atkin":2x9a0rbs said:
I know what you're thinking - risers, NOOO!!! My thinking is that:

1) it's better to set up a bike so it doesn't damage your spine
2) risers may match the BMX styling that's going on with this frame - couldn't get more BMX than Haro!!
3) the wider bars will make my descending faster!!

Anyway, what do you think?

What do I think you ask?

risers, hmmm.

1) do some core excersizes or mount a higher rise stem
2) can't argue with that!
3) the bars will make your descending less thrilling!

just kidding of course :LOL:

Latest posts

Back