PROjeKt FunK PRO Comp

Looking very very nice Ash. Don't spose you have the service manual for those forks do you ?... looking for one so I can strip/rebuild mine. PM me if you do I live near you. Cheers Ant

Very cool that you have your old bike back after all these years. It must've been the bee's knee's in 1990!

I always get a kick out of seeing 'period' photographs, too. Nice E28 BMW :D

Big thanks to Alex Creasey who had ended up with the Funk suspension fork steerer shim that should of been on the forks that I won on eBay. Alex won the frame on ebay and also got the XT headset that the Funk was built with which the shim was still attached to as it had come off the steerer as it was stuck more to the crown cup than the steerer.

Now I have it and I can re-start the initial build!

Another interesting thing that has come up in the last couple of weeks is that I may have the crown cup to my Campagnolo head set after all. Between my mate Mark who is currently over from OZ, who I bought my Funk back from, and Simon who supplied me with the Campy headset a couple of years back, we have established that the crown cup is possibly still on the old forks Mark had on the Funk when he owned it. Now, Simon reminded me that he gave me the forks at the same time as the headset so I should have it, somewhere!?

I know I definitely had them, I am sure I didn't sell them and I am positive I wouldn't of thrown them away, so, where are they? I moved last December and still have loads of stuff at my Dads house, including two complete bikes!
I am hoping the forks with the cup are in a box in my Dads loft, there is some searching to do!

Going to be a cracker :D I reckon that green Flite would be perfect!

I was pondering my memory strength last night!, and have a feeling I may be out by a year, if its not 90 its 91. I left school in 90, the year I did most of my racing, and got my Funk when I was at 6th Form college, but convinced myself I got it at the end of the year but perhaps it was the spring of 91. I definitely had the borrowed grey one in September 90 at the Cheddar Challenge and it was some time after that I bought my own so its looking like 91, none of my photos have dates on which isnt much help. I need to get my dates right for my own sanity!

Just looked on Mombat and although it doesn't mention colour it does list Onza Porcs in 1990.

Funk

pete_mcc":1fs8w12s said:
Going to be nice! I used to own a tank green funk which had originally been sprayed by Dream Machine to look like a packet of smarties. I'll have to dig some photos out.

You have GOT to find those pics please!

TC

Antstark":2siep5lm said:
Looking very very nice Ash. Don't spose you have the service manual for those forks do you ?... looking for one so I can strip/rebuild mine. PM me if you do I live near you. Cheers Ant

Pm me with your email... I have the service manuals scanned into PDF filez

Back