Who's the greatest?

all rounder for world class results in both XC & DH.. yeh Tomac. Despite all the hype & marketing I doubt we'll ever see anyone who could excel in both disciplines again.

female equivalent would be furtado.... but for a shorter time scale

just reminded my self that i have a 1997 shimano booklet in the attic signed by John Tomac, Tim Gould, Thomas Frisnet (i can't remember how to spell his name lol ), i'll have to dig it out. :D

for me it has to be Tim Gould...on his best day, no one could beat him, not even Ned....so ner :LOL:

Rich

i remember watching indoor mountain biking on tv one saturday morning and seeing Hans Ray win the race hands down having snapped the frame and run the last 2 laps carrying the bike... thats got to count for something.
unfortunately he was disqualified from the race because the bike broke

gotta be tomac.

just a leg end for so many reasons. :cool:
Hell, anyone who races drops downhill deserves a medal!

The Tomes.. It has to be for me..

Awesome athlete and yet kept things alive being mates with Herbold.. Used to love seeing his bike in mags, he always had prototypes and R&D stuff..

Attachments

• tomac3a.jpg
    tomac3a.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 2,808
  • tomac.jpg
    tomac.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,807
Tim Gould. Great athlete, sh1te bikes. Give him the same backing and bikes as Tomac, he would've crapped all over him.
Sorry, do I sound bitter about the way we treat our athletes if they're not kicking a bleedin' football?
I'm off to bed.

Back