2005 Turner 5 Spot - Finished update Pg. 3

Cheers chaps :cool:.

The original saddle was a red flte which the few that saw it said it was too much. Ive now swapped the carbon jobbie for an original Evolution 1 model off my San Andreas as it's a darker black carbon which works better... And the bluey carbon of this one works better on the San An.

It will get well ridden but I keep everything nice and shiny :D.

A couple of crappy iphone pics whilst out yesterday...

IMG_0736_resize.jpg

IMG_0738_resize.jpg

Very nice build and one of the classic mtb frames :cool: . Have you put it on the scales yet?

I was seriously considering buying one of these new a few years back. Then Turner changed the design to faux bar which put me off :( .

It will be interesting to see if Turner revert to four bar when the Specialized patent expires in the next year or two....

I've a soft spot for turner 5's but I'm afraid yours is just leaving me cold. I think its just too red & blck and I'm no fan of those tyres from a use point of veiw.
I do like the inclusion of thumbs though.

It's not been on the scales yet but will update once it has.

Appreciate your comments Jerky... Wanted to do black / gold but had alot of the red bits over from the Clark Kent... And I agree, I'm not a great fan of Nobby Nics as I find they feel sluggish at times... Still, it will do for now and it's an absolute blast to ride :cool:

Wow, very nice :cool:.

What's involved in getting the thumb shifters to mesh with the modern 9 speed? I figured you needed the Paul bar-end shifter mount to make that work.

Reposter":kpve3h9p said:
Wow, very nice :cool:.

What's involved in getting the thumb shifters to mesh with the modern 9 speed? I figured you needed the Paul bar-end shifter mount to make that work.

Absolutely nothing with M732 XT's!

Just use in friction mode and there's plenty of movement to cover the 9sp cassette with some movement to spare :cool:

Very nice bike! I do wonder at the use of cable discs though? And thumbies, but I suppose that's because they were before my time. M952 XTR rapid fire shifters are the daddy for me!

carter711":3txo58p8 said:
Very nice bike! I do wonder at the use of cable discs though? And thumbies, but I suppose that's because they were before my time. M952 XTR rapid fire shifters are the daddy for me!

I just like the ease of cable discs tbh and always got on with thumbies so just always use them :).

I reckon 10 sp would be do-able.... Isn't the cassette the same width? In which case should be fine :)..... (don't hold me to that though lol).

Back