Club Roost overhaul

cyfa2809":ys3ew1r4 said:
Right, got bike out of shed, shock off.

I presume your shock came with the 'sleeve' bit. i.e a central 'shaft' on which spacers/washers sit either side?

Ok,

Top end (Main frame);
Width = approx 22.57mm
Inner diameter/bolt hole = m6
Shock sleeve hole = 12mm
Width of shock mount = approx 11.8mm

Rear end;
Width = Approx 47.45mm
Inner diameter/bolt hole = m6
Shock sleeve hole = 12mm
Width of lower shock mount (stanchion end) = approx 11.8mm

About right?
Is that enough to go on?
Dont forget there are little rubber seals before the washers go on the sleeve.

Here chap.
Woudl you like pictures of my hardware? :LOL:

This may have confused me a little... ;)
cyfa2809":3dqypipb said:
I measured frame.

Your measurements are significantly different to mine.
Also, there are no sleves or o-rings on my "hardware", top and bottom are the same shape and look like this;
7466-1.jpg

Test fitted the shock this morning. Looks goods, just need to remove the pivot plates and re-drill to 8mm.

DSCF0454.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

Ah i see, your hardware is different to mine. Maybe the person you got it off changed it to fit thir frame.
Mine is a central sleeve with washers that go over it.

I didnt want to drill my plates (is there enough room to drill the 3 holes to 8mm?).

I've owned this frame from new, the hardware on the coil shock is all original. The air shock came with no hardware, I bought some from CRC.
The top is 22.2*6 and the bottom is 47*8. The bottom hardware is a steel shaft, 12.0mm OD and 8.0mm ID with aluminium sleeves.
I am only drilling the middle hole for now, the distance between hole centres is enough for all three to be drilled, but the pocket needs to be enlarged to get the head of the bolt in.
Longer term, I'd like to get my hands on a plate from a DH8 and take some measurements.

Back